What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Green Heart (Green Angel, #1-2)
This topic is about Green Heart
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. (Short Novel/Story) Serious, Possibly Sad. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ateeb (last edited Oct 23, 2016 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ateeb | 4 comments I started reading a book when I was in High School 3 years ago and couldn't finish it. I have literally forgot about everything except a few details.

"A family consisting of 4 or 5 members (including kids under 12) live in a suburban or a rural town, very close to the city. The adult members of the family go to the city to buy food for the household. One day, one of the kids go to the city without permission and something happens. The book is set in Late 1800's or Early 1900's and is no more than 200 pages. I do not know if its fiction or not. I'm trying very hard to remember more but cant.

Any help is appreciated

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Do you think it's set in the U.S, or somewhere else? When something happens to the kid in the city, I assume it's something bad? Does it involve death or injury?

Ateeb | 4 comments The kid is a girl if i dont remember wrong. i also remember the family being very poor. There is a grandmother in the book too I think. Problem is, I did not finish reading the book so I do not know if whatever happened was tragic or not. What I remember is the cover of the book was dark, a small book with around 150-180 pages.

message 4: by Ateeb (last edited Oct 24, 2016 09:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ateeb | 4 comments Hello, I think I have found the book. It was "Green Heart" by Alice Hoffman. Thank you for trying to help me. My description was way too small.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Ateeb, glad you found your book. Here's the link - Green Heart by Alice Hoffman.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Green Heart (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alice Hoffman (other topics)