Camp Half-Blood! discussion

Role-Play > Sword Arena

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

Katherine Kitwood (SweetestCupcake) | 96 comments Mod
Welcome to Sword Arena. Here, you’ll be practicing to fight with swords. Hudson will be teaching you the basics, than you’ll duel. But, right now, don’t forget we are on a tour. Let’s get you settled in your cabin, and the classes will start from tomorrow. Follow me and I’ll show you the Archery Grounds.

((You CANNOT RP Hudson, I’ll be rp-ing him. Don’t forget that only one you can rp is your own character))

message 2: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

Hildegard Zillions (HildegardTheBest) | 39 comments Mod
Hildegard entered the Sword Arena, looking around. Then she saw Hudson, their teacher. "Um, good morning, sir." She said, before taking her sword and shield out.

message 3: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Good morning to you too, Ms. Zillions." Hudson said. Then he looked at the shield and sword of the girl which made him smile. "That's a pretty design." He said. "Lets wait 5 more minutes and then we'll start."

message 4: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

"Thank you for the compliment, sir. Er, i was wondering how you knew my name." She smiled.

message 5: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"I know your name because i'm a teacher. Aren't teacher supposed to call students with right name?" He raised an eye-brow.

message 6: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

"Oh yeah." Hildegard laughed. Then she checked her wrist-watch to see what time is it.

message 7: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"If i were you, i wouldn't bring that at sword practice." He said when Hildegard was watching the time in her wrist-watch. "It can get slashed with the sword, unless it is charmed."

message 8: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

"It's not charmed, but it's made of metal so i don't think it will be slashed. But, as you adviced, i should take it off." She took off the watch and put it in her handbag.

message 9: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Good that you have the habit of litsening to teachers. It will come in handy sometime."

message 10: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

*Waits for other campers*

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna | 94 comments "Hey, I'm here!" Alex said walking in then taking a sip of her water bottle.

message 12: by Cinder (new)

Cinder Harper (pineappleofpizzaland) | 57 comments *Comes in slowly*

message 13: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Alright, i guess we should begin. Ms.Aveyard, i suggest you to keep that bottle away while we practice."

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna | 94 comments "K," Alex placed the water bottle on a folding chair near by. "Umm, I'm not much good with swords...And I don't own one, so..."

message 15: by Cinder (new)

Cinder Harper (pineappleofpizzaland) | 57 comments "Same"

message 16: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

"Let's begin, sir." Hildegard said cheerfully.

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna | 94 comments "Yeah, let's go!" Alex smiled goofley at Hildegard.

message 18: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Okay then. Don't worry if you're not good with swords, while you're here at camp, i'll try my best to make you an expert." He draw his sword. "Today, i'll teach you a way to disarm your opponent. Start off right. You will want to hold the sword differently depending on the type of sword you are using, but you will almost always be in the same starting position. This is called the "en garde" position. Your sword hand should be extended slightly and bent at the elbow, and your feet should be in an L-shape, with your left foot forming the horizontal line of the L if you are right-handed, and vice versa. Like this." He did it all he said. "Come on now, you do the same."

message 19: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Ms.Summers, you should have bought a sword. But now, when you don't have it, you can borrow one from me. There's a wooden box with wooden swords. Grab one." He said.

message 20: by Cinder (last edited Oct 29, 2016 10:39AM) (new)

Cinder Harper (pineappleofpizzaland) | 57 comments *slowly copies the instructions cautiously after getting a wooden sword*

message 21: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Good. Now, Feel your opponent out for a minute first. You will have to know how to parry their blows and strikes, but chances are they will be feeling you out as well and so the first minute or so won't be too intense. Make note of how fast they are, where they generally try to attack you, how they hold themselves, how they react to your attempts to strike them, and where they are most vulnerable. But right now, as you're just practicing without partners, i'll tell you the next step.As you are going in to disarm them and not to kill them, you will probably not be the one doing most of the attacks. Parry them as quickly as you can--this will take practice!--and don't swing wide. Keep your parries short, tight, and close to you. Let them be the ones to advance toward you, and they probably won't see the next step coming. "
He showed the campers how do it and asked them to do the same.

message 22: by Cinder (last edited Oct 29, 2016 10:48AM) (new)

Cinder Harper (pineappleofpizzaland) | 57 comments *kai raises his hand*

"do we get... partners later?"

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna | 94 comments Alex disarms an dummy.

message 24: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

"It was easy then i thought." Hildegard muttered.

message 25: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Because it is easy, Ms.Zillions. It'll be easy as soon as you come to know it. Now, Wait until the enemy lunges (extends his sword all the way out from his body). Now you will want to move your sword out and touch his on the INSIDE of his blade, as if to parry it away. From here, take a step closer to him, bring your sword up almost vertically WHILE STILL TOUCHING HIS BLADE, and wrap your blade around his. Yes, this is possible. From the almost-vertical position of your sword, point the tip down suddenly towards the OUTSIDE of his blade. Slide the sword down the outside of his blade and then jerk in towards you. Do all this quickly and jerk your sword hard--the opponent's sword should fly out of his hand in the direction you pulled it and land a few feet away. Just like this."
He moved forward, put the inside of the blade against the blade of the practice dummy, turned it to right side and it flew and landed at the rocks.
"Well, that's it. Practice it until you're sure you're doing the best for today, then you can leave."

message 26: by Hildegard, Activities Director (new)

Hildegarde came forward of a dummy, moved her blade to the inside of the dummy's and put all of her strength on it's blade and ....

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna | 94 comments Alex practices for about 15 more minutes and is sure she has it down. Then thanks the teacher and leaves.

message 28: by Cinder (last edited Oct 29, 2016 10:53AM) (new)

Cinder Harper (pineappleofpizzaland) | 57 comments *stares at the sword for a while then looks back up*

message 29: by Katherine, Camp Director (last edited Oct 29, 2016 10:55AM) (new)

...flew off, but didn't went very far. "That was good for a first try. Now, you Ms.Summers. Do the same."

message 30: by Cinder (new)

Cinder Harper (pineappleofpizzaland) | 57 comments "Ok"

*Practices somemore, kinda getting it down*

message 31: by Katherine, Camp Director (new)

"Very good. Now, you can leave for your next class. I had good time with you, campers." He dismissed the class.