Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Ranger Takes a Bride (Texas Rancher Trilogy #2)
This topic is about The Ranger Takes a Bride
Book Cover Help > Need cover change

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Misty Beller (mistymbeller) | 11 comments Hello,

I've recently changed this book cover on Amazon, and need to have the cover changed on Goodreads, too. Would someone be willing to help with that?

Thank you!
Misty M. Beller

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Oct 23, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Hi Misty-

It's against GR policy to replace or remove the cover of an existing edition, but we can create an alternate cover edition, which I've done for the Kindle edition.

These help topics may be of use to you: AUTHOR FAQ, adding cover images, adding an alternate cover edition, and setting default edition.

Misty Beller (mistymbeller) | 11 comments Great. Thank you!

Cassandra wrote: "Hi Misty-

It's against GR policy to replace or remove the cover of an existing edition, but we can create an alternate cover edition, which I've done for the Kindle edition.

These help topics ma..."

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Cassandra wrote: "It's against GR policy to replace or remove the cover of an existing edition, but we can create an alternate cover edition, which I've done for the Kindle edition. "

Pub date corrected for ACE. Please see https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments rivka wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "It's against GR policy to replace or remove the cover of an existing edition, but we can create an alternate cover edition, which I've done for the Kindle edition. "

Pub date cor..."

Thanks, I guess I missed that caveat. So, since there's really no way to tell exactly when a new cover was released, we should always just use the current month and year- is that right?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Unless the author specifies that a cover was changed at another time, yes.

message 7: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments rivka wrote: "Unless the author specifies that a cover was changed at another time, yes."

Thank you! One more question- when marking an already existing "stray" edition as an ACE, should publication date then be changed to current month/year, left with date previously added (if it was), or left blank if nothing was input?

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

It depends. But often the date (month/year) that edition was added works. For older editions, it may not.

message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments rivka wrote: "It depends. But often the date (month/year) that edition was added works. For older editions, it may not."

Thank you!