Love & Social Change discussion

The Best Chronicles of Rubem Alves
Rubem Alve

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Glenn Cheney (glenncheney) | 3 comments Rubem Alves is one of Brazil's most popular writers. A theologian, philosopher, psychoanalyst and professor, he is a staunch defender of humanity, humanness, love, compassion, and understanding.

Here's an article about a new translation of his best essays:

http://brazzil.com/24112-a-publisher-...

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Cottom (goodreadscomcaroline_cottom) | 98 comments Mod
Thank you for your note and the link about Rubem Alves. I had not heard of him either, and he sounds like a very important writer.

Glenn Cheney (glenncheney) | 3 comments He really is very interesting. You can download part of The Best Chronicles at NLLibrarium.com/alves .

Also, FYI, in a couple of weeks New London Librarium will be launching a new book of paintings by Colleen Hennessy with thoughts from Rubem Alves, all on the theme of love. It's going to be a beautiful book.

message 4: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Cottom (goodreadscomcaroline_cottom) | 98 comments Mod
Glenn wrote: "He really is very interesting. You can download part of The Best Chronicles at NLLibrarium.com/alves .

Also, FYI, in a couple of weeks New London Librarium will be launching a new book of paintin..."

Thanks, Glenn. I tried to download an excerpt but the link did not work.

Glenn Cheney (glenncheney) | 3 comments Yipes, you're right. Or half right. The link for Art of Love doesn't work. I'll fix it soon, but the link works for The Best Chronicles of Rubem Alves, which is at the bottom of the page.