Kuro: A Land in Eternal Night (Semi-Advanced) discussion

The Ice District > Snow Alleyway

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Spadez (or Kadyn) | 1237 comments Mod
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/...

This is the Alleyway located in the Ice District. Like the rest of the Ice District, it's filled with snow, making it more cold and damp than the other districts. The alleyways are usually empty. Not even animals would be stupid enough to come here to live. The only people who cross down here usually are those using shortcuts to get to there houses near by.

message 2: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio was silently making his way back home, guided by the dim street lights. It was probably not a bright idea to be walking home at this time. However, he'd never been one to notice the time pass, and today he'd gotten caught up with research in the library. There were many fascinating topics he was not aware of he had found. It was astonishing the amount of knowledge that place held. At times, he begins to jog in an attempt to reach home faster.

Takuro sits on a bench, blowing into his hands softly to warm them up. Damn he hated the Ice District. He lived in the Rain District but just got done with an assassination job here. Now he just had to wait until the snow storm that was coming would blow over so he could head home. Poor Blaine, he was probably worried sick. Takuro told him 2 days, but now it would be about 3 or 4, depending on how long it took for this storm to blow over.

Down a little ways in front of Michio, a group of men are smiling and chatting together. It was obvious by there dress wear and how tough they looked that anyone who were to cross them would surely regret it. As Michio got closer, they stop, one of the men glancing over with a serious look. The look doesn't last, however, as a small, devious smirk appears on his face,"Would you look at this, these alleyways haven't seen a visitor in a long time." He crosses his arms, looking over Michio with a judgemental gaze.

message 4: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michie glances up when he notices movement further up ahead, gazing at the group of men for a few moments, but soon looks back down at his feet. They didn't appear to be a group he should interact with. He shoved his hands in his pockets. As he approached, he stopped briefly at one of the men's comment, uttering a faint "...Hello." in reply, then continuing to walk by, wanting to pass without engaging them.

The guy narrows his eyes, putting an arm in front of him,"Hold on now, kid, where do you think you're going? You just got here. Why not stick around for awhile..?" The other group lightly laugh though keep quiet.

Takuro glances up, eyeing the figures in the distant as a small sigh escapes his lips. These assholes again. They weren't the friendliest of people around here in the Ice District, even Takuro knew that. Maybe if Takuro minded his own business, they'd just let the kid go. He hoped.

message 6: by Sakurasou (last edited Dec 10, 2016 11:00AM) (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michie stopped in his tracks when the other put an arm in front of him. He slowly raised his arm and pointed ahead of them, "My house is over there." He stated softly. He attempted to move to the side so as to walk past him. It wasn't that he couldn't leave, he could very easily do so with his abilities. But light bearers were generally perceived as targets, it would be risky to use them.

They smirk,"But why leave? The fun was just about to start.."

Takuro sighs and shakes his head, approaching them,"Alright that's enough, it's not funny. Just let the kid go."

The gang falls silent as the one holding Richie eyes Takuro,"This a friend of yours?" He asks Niche, seeming disinterested.

message 8: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michie goes quiet, watching Takuro with a surprised expression, not having expected it. "N-not really.." He replied slowly.

The guy narrows his eyes,"Then beat it!"

Takuro calmly sighs,"Or what? You going to try something? I don't think you would. Or you might, but you wouldn't get away with it."

The guy growls,"You little-" He goes to hit him but blinks in shock when Takuro simply catches his fist. He sighs, mumbling,"You're all so predictable." He twists the guy's arm behind him and forces him onto his knees,"Now maybe you'll know not to mess with others again."

The men tense, not fighting back as Takuro releases his arm and watches them run off. He sighs, placing his hands back in his pockets,"Are you alright?"

message 10: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio straightens himself, watching the men leave quietly. He glances upwards at Takuro, "Um th-thank you..I'm alright." He replied. He tilted his head with interest, "Who are you?"

Takuro blinks faintly. That's right, he just saved a complete stranger. He sighs, holding his hand out to him,"You can call me Takuro."

message 12: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio takes his hand, lightly shaking. He is now smiling a small, bright smile, "I'm Michio!" He introduces.

Takuro blinks, eyeing him. He sure changed his attitude quickly. He nods,"You said you were heading home, correct?" He asks. His voice, eyes and face held no emotion, despite really trying to act concerned. He was concerned and interested in Michio's reply, however, otherwise he wouldn't still be here.

message 14: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio's expression was now back to his usual blank look, but more so nonchalant and curious. He nods his head, "Mm." He replies.

Takuro sighs,"Allow me to walk you their then. You must be more careful, and i highly suggest you take a different route from now on. Not everyone will save you if that were to happen again."

message 16: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments "You don't have to.." Michio replies, but accepts his suggestion anyways. He tilts his head at Takuro's next statement, "Won't you?" He asks in a curious tone. He didn't doubt this, as he believed Takuro was a good person.

Takuro blinks,"I won't always. I live far from here." He glances ahead as they begin walking. They'd just met yet this kid seemed to trust him completely, why was that?

message 18: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio looks ahead as they walk, "Hm. I try to be there for everyone! But I'm just one person." He says with a smile. "If you live far it'll be hard to meet.." He thinks, tilting his head to the right in thought of a way to fix this.

Takuro blinks, nodding,"Though I suppose if you shout my name, I could come every once in awhile. It's like.. Summoning me, in a way."

message 20: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments "I can summon you?!" Michie repeats loudly, finding this surprising but also incredibly convenient. "Why? Are you a scroll?" He asks, genuinely curious.

Takuro blinks lightly,"No.. Just take my word for it that it'll work." He couldn't give away his species to a complete stranger, because there was a probability that he'd turn him into the police. So he hoped Michie would take his word.

message 22: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio looks at him with an inquiring expression, but then looks ahead, content with his reply. He nods faintly, "Mm, alright."

Takuro eyes him before he sighs and looks back ahead quietly. He was still cold and exhausted, but due to finally moving around, he was beginning to forget about all of that.

message 24: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments They begin to near the house, which is now only a few ways off. It's average size, and most of the lights are still on, probably from his guardian whom lived with him. Michio stops at the entrance looking back at Takuro, "Thank you for walking me here." He says.

Takuro blinks, eyeing him. He was.. Thanking him? For walking him home? He nods,"Stay safe kid." He turns around to walk off.

message 26: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michie waves after him, watching him leave. Afterwards he opens the gate entrance with a creak and walks up to the door, letting himself in.

((Skipping a few days!!))

Takuro sighs as he walks, tiredly rubbing his eyes. He hadn't gotten to leave just yet. Or got any sleep the past few days, for that matter. The snow storm was still going on, and it'd be dangerous, even for his species, to travel around in it outside of the city. He could get lost and die out their. Yeah, even he wasn't that dumb. He luckily had gotten ahold of Blaine in the Void to let him know he was alright, so that was good, at least.

message 28: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio hurriedly ran past the streets, a bag filled in his hand. After a few minutes of running, he slows down as he approaches a wide, snowy park. Walking to the approximate center of it, he looks ahead, calling out in a loud voice, Takuro's name.

Takuro blinks, glancing back quietly. The voice was but a whisper to him, but even so, he knew exactly who it was. Who else would it be? Michio was the only person Takuro ever told about how to summon him. It takes but a minute before Takuro's voice sounds behind Michio,"You seem exhausted." He mumbles, eyeing him lightly.

message 30: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio turns around, gazing at him blankly. He blinks widely suddenly, as if remembering something. He then reaches into the bag he was holding, fumbling through it frantically. He pulls out what appears to be a chocolate bar, holding it out to Takuro.

Takuro blinks faintly in shock, slowly taking it,"What's this for?" He mumbles, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. What an odd gift. Or perhaps it wasn't a gift, but something Michio wanted Takuro to take to someone? Was Takuro becoming not only a guard dog, but a messenger dog as well? Wait, Takuro wasn't a dog at all! He was a dragon! Well.. Half dragon.. But that wasn't the point! Still being obviously confused, his dark blue eyes gaze up at Michio as he awaits his response.

message 32: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio looked up at him, replying in a soft, but worrisome tone, "You haven't eaten, right? You could be hungry." A chocolate bar was probably not the best choice to make towards someone who had most likely not eaten, but Michie had never been very good at following what would be normal in a situation.

Takuro blinks, eyeing him some more. How could he know that Takuro hadn't eaten? He nods,"Um.. Thanks.. Michio.." He eyes him,"Have you eaten?" He questions back quietly.

message 34: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio smiles a faint smile when Takuro thanks him. He shakes his head at his question, holding out the bag in front of himself, "But I brought a lot, so it's fine!" He assures.

Takuro eyes him once more, sighing,"Let me treat you to dinner, my treat." He mumbles, placing the candy bar in his pocket. He'd save it for later. It's not that he didn't have money, he had a lot, his job payed a lot, he just hadn't thought about eating until now. And he hadn't been able to sleep much in his hotel.

message 36: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio blinked widely in slight surprise, "I-it's alright really.." He murmured softly, looking down, although he did not reject the invitation. This was exciting.. he'd never been offered dinner with someone, besides his guardian.

Takuro sighs softly,"Come on, I could use a warm meal anyways. I'd rather not go alone." He knew Michio didn't refuse him, but he didn't accept it either.

message 38: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio hesitated momentarily, but eventually gave in to the excitement, "..Okay, if it's not a hassle.." He replies.

Takuro eyes him,"I wouldn't of offered if it was a hassle. Let us be off then, there's a cafe not far from here." He slides his hands into his pockets, beginning to walk. He keeps at a steady pace to ensure that Michio could keep up.

message 40: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio walks alongside Takuro closely, holding his hands behind him in a cheerful manner, although his face was straight as usual. He keeps up well with Takuro.

Takuro keeps a steady and calm expression, his eyes glued onto the snow ahead. White. Pure white. It could so easily be stained. How could something so pure exist in a world so dark? He softly sighs,"Michio, was it? Do you live on your own?" He questions, glancing back down at him.

message 42: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio shakes his head, replying brightly, "I live with my guardian, it's just me and him. Sometimes he goes away though." He looks up at Takuro, "Do you live with anyone?" He asks.

Takuro blinks, eyeing him. Guardian? So was Michio under age? He nods,"I do, my fiance. Though he's often gone at times too." He replies as he continues to walk.

message 44: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio looks to him thoughtfully, "You're getting married.. that sounds nice." He says the last part with a sweet smile.

Takuro blinks, staring down at him. Yeah, that was nice. Takuro has just been so busy himself that he didn't sit down to actually think about it. He really was getting married.. He nods,"So uh.. What's your relationship with your guardian?" He questions, looking back ahead.

message 46: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio thinks about that, tilting his head to the left as he did so, "Uhh kinda like a father..? No, that's not right.. brother? mm, that's not right either..I don't know, we're really close! He looks after me, and I look after him too. He's been with me for a long time." He replies, looking up as he remembered those moments.

Takuro eyes him quietly. Could it be that Michio liked this guardian but didn't know for sure himself yet? Takuro doesn't ask, however, he just keeps walking, mumbling,"Well, thats good then."

message 48: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments Michio nods with a bright smile. He glances to the side at Takuro, "What's it like with your fiance?" He asks.

Takuro blinks,"It's relaxing, to say the least. We're both pretty blank and quiet, and both often busy with work. So a lot of the time we go on dates or just sleep." He shrugs lightly.

message 50: by Sakurasou (new)

Sakurasou | 247 comments "Hm.." Michio mumbles in reply. He does not say more, but it is evident from his curious expression that he found that to be pleasant.

« previous 1 3