Kuro: A Land in Eternal Night (Semi-Advanced) discussion

The Crime District > Inner City (Mafia Territory)

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Spadez (or Kadyn) | 1237 comments Mod
https://latenightstirfry.files.wordpr...

This is the city located within the Crime District. Like everything else in this district, the lights are usually neon and can be seen up to 4 or 5 miles away, maybe even further than that, since the place is always so dark. The lights are made out of the orbs of energy Amaterasu left here before she suddenly vanished. This is probably the brightest place in the Crime District.

The GFHB {HoNk} | 236 comments Evans looked at the city in utter disgust. To new and to updated. It made his deteriorating mind spin in agony. Flashbacks to and fore from when he had lived here as a mortal. A axe held by the mid handle as he walked unnoticed by mortal eyes. Carefully scrutinizing his book of names. Noticing a few that seemed all to fimilair. Former leaders or descendants of his former allies in his days as a mortal man. His hetrochromatic eyes scanning the crowds. It brought a synical smile to his lips. How he would love to have his lovely little deathscythe with him. To hear her purr as he took her chained blade to there flesh just for the hell of it. A shame though. His superoir had taken his poor Chainsaw until he could prooved he could have it back...

Huffing at the part and making quick work of finding the person on the list. A fat man with a ironically silly waddle. Gerbet Charto. That was the man's name on his list. It wasn't hard to find him. As far as he remembered this was a safe haven for lowlife scum. Tracing the soul down an alley way. A pedophile he guessed by the sounds of it. Evans all but happily pocketed his journal list and snuck up. His axe raised and in one fell swoop he hacked the set man's head off. Sending the head rolling. Putting a finger to his lips as the man's unscathed victim saw him. Having reaped just before things got to sour. Letting the kid run away in a hurry. Evans then turned and watched the cinematic record. A visible frown. Such a boring record. Not finishing the record and merely ending the life. His weapon warm in his hand as the soul was officially reaped.

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 2076 comments Mod
"That was eventful" says Oscar" His voice came from the far end of the alleyway, golden eyes scanning the scene before him. He could see reapers. He was a god afterall. He spent a lot of time in crime city, better prices, better deals, open black market trade. And the luxuries of a criminal. It was always a very interesting city that put the nature of man up on display. Cruel, sadistic, and occasionally merciful. "Indeed it was" he spoke back to Oscar, the coral colored snake that was wrapped carefully around his neck, hissing and waving its head back and forth and it eyed the reaper before them.

"I don't quite like him" said Celia" he spoke again, but his voice was lighter this time, a second snake peeked over his shoulder, a deep ebony color with bright yellow eyes, almost as bright as his own slitted ones. "You shouldn't make a mess of your kills. The victim was to die of a heart attack, he died two minutes early. You wait for them to die, then you reap their souls." he corrected, tilting his head at Evans.

The GFHB {HoNk} | 236 comments
Evans could care less who or what saw him. It just ment he had more fun that night. People were just Dieing to meet him. Even better for the city let him hide everything and appear completely innocent when his superiors looked at him. Anyone could hack a man to pieces in this city and it be completely normal. It was the Crime districts after all. Rising to his feet with a mad man smile as he bowed. "Evans Hacke at your service then. I've always been the showy type." He snickered.

"Well that isn't very nice. Though not many beings do like me much. Though I must admit by the looks she is quite the pretty creature." Leaning on the alley wall. To light a cigarette with his favoirte lighter. Puffing on the lit ciggerate and expelling smoke from his lungs. Snakes were always a fascination of Evans. He had once as a mortal owned a redtailed boa named Bacon bit before he had a alittle mishap. His death. "He had what was coming. If I had waited any longer that kid would have been fucked up for the rest of it's misley life." Another drag on his ciggerate.

"The child isn't your concern. As a reaper, you do what you need to without consideration for others. Without mercy for those involved. You do not intervene. You do not save others. You may have just completely obstructed the natural balance between life and death. That child would have been molested, defiled. Which could have led to the birth of a new reaper. Do not go against orders, put your emotions aside. Or I shall report this to Izanami" he said monotonously, expression devoid of emotion.

message 6: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 04:22PM) (new)

Evans rose his brow as this being spoke to him like so. Well wasn't he quite brave? Most people were a bit hesitant talking to him like such. Even his superiors always had to choose and pic words wisely. Why was this familiar? Oh yes. Now he knew. It was his superiors speaking and he not caring! "Speak as you must but I must inform you. I do not care so much. Let the goddess wipe me from existence. Put my damned soul in purgatory. I am simply waiting the day. It'd be doing me a favor." Puffing out smoke before stubbing his ciggerate out on the brick all behind him.

"Well bring yourself down in a parade of self destruction, but do not bring anyone else with you." he said simply, narrowing his eyes. "You're awfully annoying, even for a reaper. I don't even believe you'd be good at creating weapons either. Do you always make it a point to annoy people you've just met?" he asked.

message 8: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 04:46PM) (new)

"See this. Ive already done that. Hurt like hell to." Showing the other being the harsh crude line of black across his throat. "I've heard it all before. My incompetence and my inabilty to do tedious tasks." Opening up his vest and pocketing his lighter. "Not always some times I can be quite the gentleman." Noting the good looks of the other being. "Would you like me to do over my introduction. I'm sure I could change your oponion of me." A near suggestion.

Surprisingly, Mercer stepped forward, nearing him. His snakes hissed but did not move to strike as he reached up and brushed his fingertips along the line on his neck. "If that is what you wish. Some are simply no good at first impressions. I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Impress me." he said monotonously.

message 10: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 05:20PM) (new)

Evans kept himself from stepping back as fingertips brushed his throat. Not much people feeling up the scar that was a horrid reminder he had brutally murderd his engaged just a few weeks before the wedding. Or his death at that matter. It had been a coward's way out. Evans happy with the answer the god had given him. At least now he could lay on his charm. Evans smiling as he took the hand that had caressed the line across his throat gently. Bringing the top to his lips. A kiss ontop the lovely pale skin with a slight bow. "Do forgive me. Let me re-introduce myself. I'm Evans Hacke at your humble service. Might I have the joy of knowing who you may be?" His thumb brushing softly over the god's knuckes. Evans admiring the softness of the skin. These hands would be best still attached to this devine figure. "I have never scene someone like thee I would love to know more about such a gorgeous Devine being."

His hands were gentle, delicate. He obviously wasn't one to do manual labor. He was genuinely surprised when the other kissed him, eyebrows raising as he stiffened slightly. Hacke. Was an ironic name. "Mercer Frey." he said simply. He was clearly a noble of some sort, by the fine way he dressed. But he was also very obviously not human.

message 12: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evans loved the hands of this god. Imagining the look they might have adorned in gold and silver rings. So pristine and smooth. It wasn't often the Shinigami saw hands these beautiful or a being at the matter to. "Such a lovely name." He purred. Evans rising up and letting Mercer's hand go. It wasn't good to make his obsession quite obvious. "Could I ask for a night on the city. Surely I could pardon my misbehaviour?" He just needed more of this being so pristine and pretty in his eyes. Even more so exotic with all the fascinating snakes about Mercer's shoulders.

Mercer glanced at Celia, his prized black mamba. His favorite. "He is quite charming" says Celia." he turned to Oscar, who was obviously apprehensive, but not particularly hostile. Neither of the snakes seemed to dislike Evans too much. "I suppose I could accept." he said calmly, holding his head up, posture stiff and upright. He was clearly a very dignified man.

message 14: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 06:05PM) (new)

Evans was a snake lover. He would have loved to have had many. His favourite always having been the boas and constructors. His engaged before she died had loved eyelash vipers and their colorful cousins, Christmas tree Vipers. "Thank you for the honor." Evans loved laying the charm. He had always been. Sir Prize when he wasn't in hysteria. Twisted and mean but for the good he could behave himself. "If I remember correctly there is a sceneic walk."

Mercer nodded in reply. Evans struck him as the odd type. Perhaps he had caught Evans at the wrong time, on a bad day. Or perhaps Evans was a good liar, putting up a front to get in his pants. Which wouldn't be surprising. He could accept that. He hadn't had much excitement in his life for a long time. "Onward then. I'll follow your lead." he replied calmly.

message 16: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 06:19PM) (new)

A bad day? Oh no. He could say it was going quite well. He would butter up this god before attempting anything. "As you wish." Evans smiled. Picking up his axe and working some shinigami voodoo. The weapon was then nothing but a silver banded ring on his middle finger in a matter of seconds. Leading the way. Adjusting to the bright light. Heading for the mostly safer part of the city. Mafia would stick to the fringes. Evans would know he was part of it at one point. "Might I inquire how your exoctic beauties found you or how you found them? Their fascinating creatures." Pausing a second with a brief smile. "Just like you."

Mercer found his insistent complimenting a bit unnerving and he was wary of what laid below the gentle exterior. Obviously someone who could so effortlessly slice the head off of a man and watch a traumatized child run for their life without batting an eye was simply not normal. And he knew that for a fact. "I summon them." he said cryptically, glancing at the other, "Celia is my favorite. Her scales are black like starless nights" he explained.

message 18: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 06:34PM) (new)

Cutting off heads wasn't all Evans could do....He did enjoy a good run with his chainsaw! He wasn't provoked or such nor would he pick a fight with a God. Even if he wouldn't so much Die but his dignity would. He preferred to keep his dignity intack. "Ah, I see." Evans casting a glance to the god for a spilt second. "I cannot disagree with that. She is quite pretty." Evans knew if pets didn't like you then their owners wouldn't. Simple logic. "I used to have a reptilian companion once. He liked to sleep a lot. It was a tedious task but definitely worth every second of caring for him." His boa had been a sleepy fellow that liked the warmth of Evans's shoulders for the sun no longer let it naturally bask and was restricted to a lamp to keep warm. It also doubled for Evans to look intimidating as a leader.

"They aren't particularly difficult to care for. They're undead afterall" he said, quite bluntly. Izanami and he were very close. Like brother and sister. It was cold here in Kuro, especially in the dreary city streets. His snakes would often die off. So Izanami resurrected his favorite ones. They did not require food, nor water.

message 20: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 06:48PM) (new)

"Even more fascinating." Evans turning a street and making sure he wasnt leaving Mercer Behind. Making sure he was a step ahead of the other. "We're here." Referring to what was ahead of them. Not to bright but pleasent enough. Nice sights and a few vendors. Remembered this in it's prime. Bustling streets and baristas all over the place. Now it was just a little street to take in some pretty veiws.

He watched, noting that Evans was in front of him, rather than beside him. Confident. Cocky. He likely thought of himself as something more than Mercer. Or perhaps he thought he had leverage over the gods. It reminded him of a way a cars salesman would walk just a step ahead of the costumer, to intimidate them, charm them. He wasn't charmed. He eyed the place, tilting his head, "It's quite beautiful" he said calmly, glancing at the other and raising an eyebrow. "But that isn't why you took me here is it?" he suddenly asked.

message 22: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Indeed, Evans was all above but merely leading like he had been asked. Unless he had misunderstood. Knowing he was being scrutinized and analyzed but not letting it faze him to much. "Indeed. I know little of how to make this night enjoyable for you so I think this would be a good start." The Shinigami liked the sights. Even if most of the city still sparked a few bad memories. Here it was pleasant. "Could I possibly get one something?" He would do research when alone if he did ever meet Mercer again after this night. More or less he probably would.

He's buttering me up. Preparing me. He does this to everyone he thought, watching the other closely, "I would appreciate it, yes" he replied calmly. If anything was his weakness, it was money, and free stuff. Though he didn't take it personally when he finally realized Evans likely didn't take too much of an interest in actually starting a relationship. To be fair, Mercer didn't either. Evans was a pretty sight to him. Interesting and complex. He would enjoy tonight while it lasted.

message 24: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evans wasn't oblivious but he still went with what he was doing. "Anything in particular you may wanr?" Evans could be the sickly sweet type if he wanted to. Evans could be the perfect guy for the bloody romance kinda guy. He liked adoring things for his Lover's. Rings, jewellery, clothes, food etc. He would be more than happy to spoil them. Even kill on command for them. He was alsio rich. He still had his fortunes and with his beloved dead he claimed her fortunes to. Money was not an issue. A relationship was fun it was just that nagging fear he might kill another he held dear was nagging at him. Pluss not everyone found dating a psychopathic shinigami all that appealing. Evans knew he unappealing to many despite parts of him that Said otherwise.

He eyed everything closely, tilting his head and stopping as he reached a box of a familiar little treat. Poki. The corner of his mouth perked up just slightly. He'd always had a sweet tooth. He pointed to it, "Shall we share a box?" he asked, glancing up at the other expectantly.

message 26: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evan's lips quirked up in a smile. A nice appealing one that gave Evans his handsom flare. "If you would like." Evans wasn't much of a eater these days. It was a luxury being dead and all. In the end sweets sounded really good right about now. Evans when he got home would dig around his cabinets to sse what french chocolates he had left. Evans approached the Vendor buying the right box that Mercer wanted. Noting the questioning looks he got. Returning to Mercy with the box of Poki. Giving it to Mercer. "Theres a bench just ahead. Would you like to sit for a few moments?"

Mercer seemed to be in a much better mood as he was handed the box of sweets. They always made him feel better, regardless of the situation. He nearly skipped to the bench, sitting down and making room for Evans, opening the box and taking one of the biscuit sticks out, sucking the chocolate on the tip.

message 28: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evans was going through his mind checking off his checklist. He was doing well. Keep playing it like he was and all would keep going nicely. At least hoping and determined for a kiss this night. "It says here on the back theres a game you can try with these. Would you like to attempt it with me?" No big deal if he was declined. It felt weird Evand felt in a state of pleasant peace around Mercer. Trying to recall where he had felt like this before.

message 29: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), noot noot (last edited Nov 26, 2016 08:11PM) (new)

Mercer raised an eyebrow and suddenly smirked, a clear contrast compared to his usual stoicism. He leaned in suddenly, narrowing his eyes, "If you wanted to kiss me, you could have just asked. Poki would only get in the way." he said simply.

message 30: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evans felt a genuine smile cross his lips. "Then would you please grant me the honor of giving you a kiss?" Evans would be more than pleased with just a kiss tonight. Still he had yet to find where this feeling of relaxation and peace was coming from. Wherever it was coming from he was starting to like it. Turning to face Mercer better. He awaiting so for the answer he may receive. A respectful gentleman.

{{Sorry it is late. T.T had some stuff to do.}}

Mercer nodded in reply, short, sweet, subtle. He didn't need to speak, only lean forward and tilt his head invitingly, eyes closing half way. "What a gentleman you are." he said in a challenging manner. It was clear he knew Evans type. Likely experienced it before.

<< It's all good >>

message 32: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 26, 2016 10:37PM) (new)

"You'd be surprised." Evans smiled as he leaned in carefully planting a chaste kiss onto Mercer's lips. He tasted the sweet chocolate of the poki. A sweet taste Evans found himself enjoy as he pulled away a few seconds later. Truly not knowing what Mercer would want in a kiss. Though he'd be more than happy to give the god as man kisses as he so pleased. This warm pleasant feeling staying. Even if he wouldn't acknowledge it just yet.

{{ :) }}

Mercer eyed him closely once he'd pulled away, slightly unnerved by the fact that he didn't necessarily want to pull away. There was something there that lingered even after the other had removed his sweet lips. A warmth, a tingle, a chill down his spine. He stared at him, completely entranced.

message 34: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evans felt alive. Was it a good? Who knew. But for whatever reason he liked it. The Shinigami felt the steady thump of the heart in his chest. Remembering just how strangely it fluttered when his lips met the other's soft lips. "Would it be selfish of me to ask for another?" Evans wanting to kiss Mercer once more. He was hooked already. More than he was on nicotine. His new obsession found.

Mercer eyed his lips and hesitated just slightly. Growing close to someone. He didn't know how he felt about that. But maybe it was just a one time thing. It wouldn't prevail into the later days, it wouldn't irk him in his sleep. Just a spark. He'd get over it. "... Not at all" he whispered, reaching up and cupping his cheek with his hand, pulling him in for another.

message 36: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evans smile never did cease. Conflicted was the Shinigami. He wanted this god to be his yet had the idea it wouldn't be but a night between them. Gah! It was just giving him a headache thinking about it. So he just stopped thinking about it. His own hand gently coming to place over the one over his cheek as they met in another kiss. Evans tentatively yet not to quickly moved to deepen the kiss ever so slightly.

<< It's up to you. I was kinda spammed, I didn't realize you posted sorry! ! >>

Mercer grunted, chuckling faintly and kissing him back, reaching up to cup his cheek. He didn't think. He didn't want to. This was sweet and entertaining and he hadn't experienced anything close to either of those for quite a while. It was worth it.

message 38: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

The GFHB {HoNk} | 236 comments {{Okie dokie then :o) Since the group started getting alot of new members I left for twenty minutes and there were 42 notifications in my thing. XD It's fine.}}

Evans would be lieing if wasn't getting the slightest bit wanting. He loving just how good they kissed and were getting closer. Before Evans knew it he gently pushed Mercer back on to bench. A gently one to lay back with out breaking their kiss. Not caring of any consequences if there was any. When the kiss was broken Evans peppered the god's throat in little kisses. Testing the reaction before he tempted things further.

<< Oh snapple. Yea a few days ago there were hardly twenty members and now there's nearly forty. >>

Mercer was surprised by how bold he was, eyes widening faintly, but closing as he felt his kisses. He tilted his head, biting his lip and letting out a quiet moan before opening one of his slitted orbs and smirking, "We're out in the open" he pointed out.

message 40: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

The GFHB {HoNk} | 236 comments {{Yeah. It's crazy. }}

Evans was managing taking his time quite well. Placing soft kisses and maybe a nip on the junction of Mercer's throat as the the tilted his head back. Another kiss on Mercer's throat before he spoke. "I know a place a bit more private if you would give me thr privilege of taking you there." Evans then working his kisses along Mercer's jawline. All Evans needed and with the aid of one little abilty he could have them in his bedroom with a matter of seconds.

Mercer was definitely a little bit hesitant. It'd been so long since he'd something like this. Felt the flesh of another, kissed someone's lips. It was foreign and yet all too familiar. He nodded slowly, "Yes... perhaps we could do that" he murmured.

message 42: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

Evans had never been the busy type. Rough, maybe but never pushy. Carefully the Shinigami lay soft kisses to the god's throat. "Hold on then." Evans tucking his arms gently but securely around Mercer. Already in the shadows he willed them to open and and take them to a desired place. A quick chill but nothing to unappealing.

{{After your post I'll post first on Evans's house and post the link here so you don't have to search for it. }}

Mercer was fairly surprised but expected as much from him. He looked like the magical type. But that most certainly wasn't a bad thing. The strange markings, the different eye colors. The unique little traits that made him interesting.

message 44: by The GFHB {HoNk} (last edited Nov 29, 2016 09:12PM) (new)

The GFHB {HoNk} | 236 comments {{Here is the link as promised: Evans's home https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... }}

message 45: by The GFHB {HoNk} (new)

The GFHB {HoNk} | 236 comments ·Merp·