Southlake, TX Public Library discussion

Scary Books!!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margo (new)

Margo | 16 comments Mod
What is the scariest book you have ever read, or a book you would never read because it would be too scary?

message 2: by Margo (new)

Margo | 16 comments Mod
The book I would NEVER read is the Exorcist. I've read a lot of Stephen King that has gotten my heart racing. Probably the one that got to me the most was The Stand.

message 3: by Casey (new)

Casey G (cgokenbach) | 8 comments I am a big chicken and do not like anything scary! No scary movies or books!! However, I read Intensity by Dean Koontz many years ago and it has stuck with me!! That is all I have to offer!

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Pfledderer | 8 comments I haven't had the stomach for horror since I was a teen, so probably Pet Semetary, which I read for a senior book report. I still remember the shocked faces when I gave the oral report.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 9 comments So funny, that with so few comments, the two scariest books I ever read have already been mentioned. Intensity by Dean Koontz and Pet Semetary by Stephen King. Actually, TBH, I didn't read Intensity. About the time Chyna and the murderer were together in the RV, I quit. I knew I couldn't handle what was coming next. And Pet Semetary scared me nearly to death! Only book I've ever read that gave me nightmares.