Funtastic Females: Boulder 20s and 30s Edition discussion

Book Club Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Oct 23, 2016 09:34PM) (new)

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments Not sure if this is a book suggestion page. But I've had the Control of Nature by John McPhee on my list for awhile

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison Hiatt | 1 comments I think I just added a book to our group bookshelf to read, but I'm not sure if I should post it here instead? It's called Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It's being made into a movie that is being released this Christmas. I think it's like a fantasy thriller and sounds pretty interesting/strange!

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina DeFelice | 3 comments Thanks guys! So to post a book, you can either 1. do it as you did above with a comment or 2: click the "add book/author" link just to the right above the comment box where you write a comment. There you should be able to search for a book to post it as I did above with inferno as a test (although clearly I'm still learning the system as well because somehow I posted it twice). By posting the book, members will automatically be able to click on the link and it takes you directly to the book page to read the synopsis!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fox | 2 comments Someone else previously suggested The Art of Racing in the Rain for a book club book! Since I've seen the suggestion multiple times now, we should do that one for December!

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fox | 2 comments All the suggestions are great though! We should keep them coming for book clubs in the future months, and for anyone who just wants something to read on their own time!

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments These are great suggestions! If anyone is anxiously waiting like me for the GOT book six to come out, try reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's the first book of the series, The Kingfiller Chronicle, and a great fantasy read :) It is long like GOT though just FYI.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Bittinger | 1 comments Salmon Fishing in the Yemen is a good one. I finally found the group. Hope you all had a great holiday!