Christian Goodreaders discussion

Christian Living > Naked and Unarmed in the Battlefield

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Reynolds (brian_reynolds) | 5 comments Hi all,
Here is an excerpt from a post up on the Supernatural Truth in Christ website that is called Spiritual Warfare.

Think of any battle that’s ever happened throughout history. Let’s build a scenario and take a look at it. One side (we’ll call it side one) is well equipped and trained in whatever area of combat they were assigned. They’re ready for battle instantly when confronted with it, armed and ready, in position, ready to carry out plan A and has plan B waiting in the wings just in case.

The other side (this is side two) is unequipped, near naked, either unarmed or armed with weapons that they don’t know how to use, scrambled together with no strategic mindset or positioning. They can’t formulate a plan because most of the force isn’t paying attention to the General at all, and those that do pay attention wind up at odds with the rest who don’t. What weapons they’ve decided to hold on to has rusted, dulled, and dusted, and is not in any way ready for battle.

Now… You tell me who’s ready to win the battle above. When the time comes to hit the battlefield and the two forces clash, the best equipped, best armed, the side who operates most fluidly like a well oiled machine, and the side who knows how to do what they’re told to do in the heat of battle, is going to come out of the battle as the victor.

There are two kingdoms at play in this battle I’m talking about. One is the Kingdom of Darkness, the other is the Kingdom of God’s dear Son. Which of the two sides that are detailed above do you think the Body of Christ falls into? I can tell you right off the bat it’s side two.

How is the force with Christ as the General so sloppy? Easy, it’s called apathy, disobedience, deception, religion, false doctrine, and being willingly ignorant to the supernatural truth in Christ that is a total 24 hour a day lifestyle. Also by being ignorant to the supernatural truth which abides within the Word of God, and most damaging is the desire to be best buddies with the enemy while in the heat of battle.

If you'd like to check out the entire article, please visit:
Spiritual Warfare

Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it. So what are your thoughts?
God bless,
Brian Reynolds
Kingdom of Darkness in a fallen World: The truth and origin behind what's been out there all along, hiding in the dark corners of our world.

Not of this World: Out of the Mire: Detach from the World and Its Stand Against Christ

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Baker | 12 comments I thought there was an armour of God?

message 3: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) | 576 comments You're right Sarah. Brian might be able to clarify what he means.