What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Unseen
This topic is about The Unseen
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Looking for J/JR High level book, fantasy, about a girl who can see animal colors/auras? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (last edited Nov 01, 2016 11:27AM) (new) - added it

Natalie Roche (natalie_roche) | 4 comments (First off, I apologize if this has been posted before, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere!)

I read this book when I was 12 years old in summer 2003, and I remember it was displayed on a new books shelf at Borders. I'm pretty sure what attracted me was the cover, which had a girl running on it either away from or towards a forest. I think it also had a crow on it, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure it was an illustration, and the girl was farther away so you couldn't see her face or make out too many details, but I think she had long brown hair.

It was about a girl, I think who was also in middle school, who started seeing animals in different colors moving around her, like not real animals but like these weird 2D, solid colored ones (that's how I pictured them while reading the book, I'm not sure if they were described that way). There was a girl at her school who could also do this and so could her grampa, and they were considered weird social outcasts. I'm pretty sure the outcast girl told her to try to ignore it and not use her powers, but the main character did anyways.

The only parts I remember was that the girl would often run off to her room and surround herself with stuffed animals in her bedroom. I also remember there was one scene where she ran off into the woods and broke her ankle or her leg and her brothers had to come and create a makeshift stretcher to carry her back. I'm pretty sure she was also very angsty and got into a lot of fights with her siblings, and I think they were all brothers. By the end of the book, I remember that the outcast girl and her grampa had to move away for some reason.

Does anyone know what book I might be talking about? I know this isn't a lot of information, but I can't seem to remember it at all (or anything more about it, but I do remember enjoying it, even though it was weird). Thank you in advance!

SOLVED - the book was The Unseen

message 2: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Roche (natalie_roche) | 4 comments bump

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information.

message 4: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Roche (natalie_roche) | 4 comments SOLVED - the book was The Unseen

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Unseen (other topics)