Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > JRad's Readathon

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Jen wrote: "Currently listening to Furiously Happy A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson while I make some coffee."

I've seen this float through our library many times. How did you like this? ~Ashley

message 3: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments You're doing great at flying through the pages!

message 4: by Wonderish (new)

Wonderish Jen wrote: "Finished We Should Hang Out Sometime Embarrassingly, a True Story by Josh Sundquist and The Open Space of Democracy by Terry Tempest Williams.

That's 433 pages so far today.

Now I'm picking back up ..."

Woohoo!! That's a lot of pages!

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 16 comments October 2017
I should have figured all of this out earlier... wasting precious reading time trying to find my thread! Eek!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Olympia, WA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I don't have a stack put together.. I'm just going to be pulling from my large library of unread books. I don't have a plan! EEEEEK!!!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I don't have any planned. Popcorn?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am starting a new job Nov 1st and have 1 week left at my current job and things are crazy right now! Hence no planning. I'm still participating though!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm not planning today, just going with the flow.

message 6: by Jen (last edited Oct 21, 2017 07:08AM) (new)

Jen | 16 comments Starting out this morning with The Frangipani Hotel by Violet Kupersmith . Starting on page 84.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen | 16 comments Finished The Frangipani Hotel by Violet Kupersmith . Listened to Midnight Sun (Blood on Snow, #2) by Jo Nesbø on audio. Next up is Cairo by G. Willow Wilson . I also took a long nap.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen | 16 comments Finished Cairo by G. Willow Wilson and also read Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter . Currently listening to Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell .

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen | 16 comments Finally found my thread! Starting the morning listening to “The Notorious RBG” while making coffee and breakfast.

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen | 16 comments Ah, how I miss RBG! Finished listening and started reading “Music for the Dead and Resurrected:Poems” by Valzhyna Mort.

message 12: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Hope you’re having a great Readathon, Jen!

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen | 16 comments I didn’t do a great job at posting updates. Finished the poems, read all of two more books and started a third before falling asleep. In total, read four complete books!

message 14: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Sounds good! I didn’t do any real updates during the readathon either. I mean, time flies by as it is, want to spend it reading as much as I can!