Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Gabrielle's Readathon

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments I just realized that I don't really have a blog anymore and I stopped using Tumblr.

Anyway I have done the Readathon before but not since last year because in April I moved on Readathon day.

I have a pile and snacks (which autocorrect corrected to snakes I have no snakes) and I am impatiently waiting to get started!

message 2: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Maryland near DC

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The new Kate Saunders book "The Secrets of Wishtide"

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I am buying some of my favorite guacamole

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I just got a new job in my field and I finally feel like a real adult.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I'm going to be better about taking breaks. I have to catch up on some TV and when I am tired of reading I'll do that.

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 4: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Thanks! I am. I am just not updating very well

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Thanks! I am. I am just not updating very well"

That is alright. If you think to, update your stats at the end. That is usually when I try to catch up.

message 6: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Oh and I also read a terrifying book "Through the Woods" by Emily Carroll so I am trying to read fluff until I am less concerned about monsters coming to get me.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Oh and I also read a terrifying book "Through the Woods" by Emily Carroll so I am trying to read fluff until I am less concerned about monsters coming to get me."

I can not even express fullly how much I love that book! If you like Emily Carroll illustrations - the scary = I suggest Baba Yaga's Assistant ~Ashley

message 8: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments I am participating again this year. I have some vague thoughts on books but I am also unpacking my books from my recent move so I might just grab whatever I find interesting.

message 9: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Takoma Park, MD (so yes I moved from last time but not far!)

I think the ARC of the sequel of "The War that Saved My Life" I'm also looking forward to the random books I find as I am going through boxes. It's like a choose your own book adventure over here. It's been a long time since I've had the space to sort through my books.

I bought some fancy schmancy chocolate chip cookies to have with milk much later. Of course now I want them for breakfast.

I speak French and feel vaguely guilty that I won't be reading a book in French. Although I might if I can find one. See 1).

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?

I am going to focus on reading. That sounds stupid but I can get distracted by the need to unpack and today is about reading.

message 10: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Update:

Finished "We Are Okay" by Nina LaCour and "Seconds" by Bryan Lee O'Malley.

Now I must eat. I might have half napped during Seconds

message 11: by Wonderish (new)

Wonderish Gabrielle wrote: "Update:

Now I must eat. I might have half napped during Seconds"

Enjoy your snack! You deserve it!

message 12: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Thanks! It's chocolate chip cookies with milk.

message 13: by Steph (new)

Steph (blue01022) | 90 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Update:

Now I must eat. I might have half napped during Seconds"

I read both of those recently, and LOVED THEM. hope you enjoyed them, too! they seem like good readathon choices.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Thanks! It's chocolate chip cookies with milk."

Oh gosh that sounds really good right now! ~Ashley

message 15: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Colona Public Library wrote: "Gabrielle wrote: "Thanks! It's chocolate chip cookies with milk."

Oh gosh that sounds really good right now! ~Ashley"

They were! The second time. The first time there was an accident with the overly temperamental oven.

message 16: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Steph wrote:

I read both of those recently, and L..."

I did enjoy both of them.

message 17: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Finally getting around to this.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Takoma Park, MD

Princeless by Jeremy Whitley

I have some Belgian chocolate pudding.

I'm trying to finish up the Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge some of which I am finding tricky

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I've gotten into a pretty good groove.

Also I finished a book already. The Handsome Hardcastles by E M Channon

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Princeless is great! I just read Raven the Pirate Princess too that has a lot of promise! Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 19: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments Hello again readathoners! I have some snacks and a TBR pile which includes a variety of things. I also since the last time have a cat but not the cute sit in your lap while you read type cat. Nope I have a "why are you not paying attention to me but I won't sit in your lap I will just meow at you from a distance" type of cat.

message 20: by Gabrielle S (new)

Washington, DC

There are several but I think Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

The homemade guacamole.

I have a black cat named Licorice. I'm obsessed with him. I renamed my Instagram after him so I am now Minion of Licorice because all I do is post cat pictures.

Either I am coming down with something or my allergies are terrible right now but in either case I will not forget the importance of naps.

message 21: by Gabrielle S (new)

Gabrielle S | 17 comments I finally started and finished a book (I had previously finished a book I was already reading.) Emergency Contact by Mary H K Choi!