All About Books discussion

General Archive > Spanish book recommendations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silvie (new)

Silvie (esilvie) Hola todos,

I've been trying to get into Spanish past year and I finally started to read a book, which I will even finish! It is 'Wonder. August y yo: Tres historias de Wonder. I find this level of Spanish just as I need, and I would love to start reading in Spanish more from now on.

Could someone recommend me some good books in Spanish, which are interesting but without complicated sentences/technical terms?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions!

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 15985 comments I can't help, as I can't read Spanish. Good luck with your effort though!

message 3: by Gill (new)

Gill | 5720 comments Hola Sylvie, I'll have a think, and get back about this in a few days.

message 4: by Silvie (new)

Silvie (esilvie) Gill wrote: "Hola Sylvie, I'll have a think, and get back about this in a few days."

Hola Gill, that would be perfect! Thank you very much :)

message 5: by Gill (new)

Gill | 5720 comments Silvie, maybe the best thing is if I tell you what books I have read whilst learning Spanish.

The first was Un príncipe en la nevera, a children's book that you can get on kindle. I had a great sense of achievement when I finished it.

Also I read Treasure Island, a chapter at a time, following each English chapter by the Spanish one from La isla del tesoro.

The other books I tried were the Geronimo Stilton books for children, but in Spanish. I don't know how easy they are to get hold of.

Hope that's some help to you.

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Hola Sylvie, the book I read while I was learning Spanish was El coronel no tiene quien le escriba, but it was a long time ago!

message 7: by Silvie (new)

Silvie (esilvie) Gill, thank you very much for such list - didn't expect it to be so long :) Will definitely check them out!
And Shirley same to you, let's see if I would fancy it ;)