World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14924 comments As usually the weekend dictates its own themes...-:)
One would pick clubbing and booze, another - hike in some mesmerising nature site or just fishing in the pond, third - staying in bed doing nothing, watching TV, fourth - writing 2.5K words for a book and, of course, there are many other options - from a quick weekend abroad to spending the entire day on computer games or social networks.

What would be your ultimate leisure choice?

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Spending a snow day in with my entire family - a lazy brunch, board games, dancing with the kids, baking cookies, reminiscing with my siblings, a classic movie marathon, my husband uncorking some excellent wine, ordering Chinese food and relaxing by the fire in the late evening. Heaven!

message 3: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14924 comments Tara wrote: "Spending a snow day in with my entire family - a lazy brunch, board games, dancing with the kids, baking cookies, reminiscing with my siblings, a classic movie marathon, my husband uncorking some e..."

Sounds idyll, especially with wine and fire-:)

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita (neet413) | 78 comments A babbling brook, birds singing in the trees, a soft breeze on my face. Don't even have to do anything, really, just be for a while. I am fortunate enough to have such a brook behind my house, and it's amazing how refreshing and energizing it can be to just sit and meditate, eyes closed and listening to the sounds of the water and the woods.

Although Tara's idea of wine and a fire sound pretty awesome, too.....LOL

message 5: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14924 comments Too bad it's only in fantasy world you can have wine brooks. Would be a simply perfect variation -:)

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Nik wrote: "Too bad it's only in fantasy world you can have wine brooks. Would be a simply perfect variation -:)"

You win the internet today. Period.

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Anita wrote: "A babbling brook, birds singing in the trees, a soft breeze on my face. Don't even have to do anything, really, just be for a while. I am fortunate enough to have such a brook behind my house, and ..."

Okay, I'm borrowing your perfect day and adding a blanket :)

message 8: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14924 comments Tara wrote: "You win the internet today. Period."

-:)

message 9: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14924 comments Your variant of best leisure?

message 10: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5791 comments A beach house on the Gulf, salty breeze blowing in the window. No TV but good music and books. No kids or demanding people, so you can be selfish without feeling that way. Nice walk on the beach with the dog, and fresh seafood for dinner. Interesting conversation and a bottle of good wine while watching the sunset would make it perfect.

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) The best day of leisure would be a day in the saddle; just me and the trusted single horsepower quadruped.....no other people, no traffic, not even a plane in the sky. Just an endless trail with wildflowers and rolling green hills. If it could include a spectacular gallop across a golf course that would be the best thing ever!!! (apologies to all golfers, but that turf is sooooooo tempting and it is something I have always wanted to do. Trust me, if society breaks down, my first act of anarchy will involve saddling up and heading to a golf course)

message 12: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14924 comments Holly wrote: "Trust me, if society breaks down, my first act of anarchy will involve saddling up and heading to a golf course..."

Now that the intent is revealed, International Association of Untouched Golf Lawns may work extra time to take precautions towards this major mischief -:)

message 13: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5791 comments Cool image, Holly. If society breaks down, we probably all have some similar anarchist ideas . . .

message 14: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14924 comments With the holiday week at its beginning what's the best leisure after all?

message 15: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5791 comments Being with people who care about you and sharing good food and drink.