Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Separate books - selected stories incorrectly merged

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luci (new)

Luci (elkiedee) | 37 comments I just checked my duplicates and noticed a selection of Katherine Mansfield stories has been merged with all her other selected stories. Thing is these are not the same book, as different editors and publishers at different times will have chosen different stories. Please could someone separate them out.

I have been removed as a librarian for less.

B008Y5CGPK is the Text Classics Kindle edition - Text Classics editions should be listed as one book, older OUP edition as another, new OUP editions possibly another (assuming selection might be different).

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3052 comments I separated the Text Classics editions: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... and left note to not combine with works that have different content.

message 3: by Luci (new)

Luci (elkiedee) | 37 comments Thank you Ayshe, nearly two years later. Someone has done it again, merging everything with a title like Selected Stories by Katherine Mansfield - there are 24 different things there but some probably are genuine and should be combined but only with each other, eg paperback and Kindle editions of Text Classics. Even in the case of Oxford World Classics I think there are actually two or three different selections with different stories, selectors and introductions.