Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Update Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Marquane | 1 comments Hi, I am the author of Harold Patter and the Worst Child: A Parody of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I have uploaded two covers to the site, and would like to have the default photo for my giveaway (and for the book in general) changed to the second one I uploaded. I would like it changed from the current all-yellow cover to the second cover, which has pink toward the bottom.

Thanks!

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3656 comments GR links always help us find the correct books. This discussion covers these editions:

•  Kindle (ASIN B01M4IMXND): Harold Patter and the Worst Child: A Parody of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
•  Paperback (ISBN 9781539301837) Harold Patter and the Worst Child: A Parody of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
•  Paperback (no ISBN, no cover) Harold Patter and the Worst Child: A Parody of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

The Kindle edition has a pink/yellow cover on Goodreads and Amazon, while the paperback edition has a yellow cover on Goodreads and a pink/yellow cover on Amazon.

I presume the incomplete paperback edition was an attempt to create an alternate-cover edition with the pink/yellow cover.

Normally, we would create an alternate-cover edition (ACE), you would determine which edition is the default, and we'd be done.

However, you have a giveaway in progress with the paperback edition. I'm not sure we can add an ACE during a giveaway.

Would someone with more knowledge of giveaways provide an answer here, please? :-)

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Adding the ACE is fine, but then since a giveaway is in process, the author needs to use the Contact Us link on the Help page for assistance.

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3656 comments Thanks, Rivka!

John, Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as readers want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead, we add an alternate-cover edition. See Author FAQ and Adding an alternate-cover edition.

Your new alternate-cover paperback edition is here .

As the author, you can set the default edition — that is, the one that comes up in searches by title and shows on your author profile. Here's how to do that.

As Rivka pointed out, you will need to contact Goodreads Support about changing your giveaway to the listing with the new cover.