Play Book Tag discussion

The Housekeeper and the Professor
This topic is about The Housekeeper and the Professor
Archive: Other Books > The Housekeeper and the Professor / Yoko Ogawa. 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8318 comments 3.5 stars

A housekeeper is assigned to work in the house of a former mathematics professor; that professor had an accident in 1975, though, and although he remembers everything from before that time, any new memories last only 80 minutes. However, they strike up a friendship, along with the housekeeper’s son. The professor teaches the two about the wonders of numbers and math and they find another common ground in baseball.

I enjoyed this. Sometimes the math was a bit too much, and I suspect I would have enjoyed it more if I also liked baseball a bit more, but I liked the relationships that developed in the story.

Karin | 6997 comments I'm glad you at least liked this, but am sorry you didn't like it more. However, that's how reading goes!

LibraryCin | 8318 comments I know! Most people loved it. That's ok, I still liked it and it was quick to read, besides.

Karin | 6997 comments LibraryCin wrote: "I know! Most people loved it. That's ok, I still liked it and it was quick to read, besides."

I understand; I don't always like popular books :).