Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Jacks September reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack | 179 comments Good month for reading with 10day break from work.
Angels Flight (Harry Bosch, #6; Harry Bosch Universe, #6) by Michael Connelly Angels Flight by Michael Connelly. Good but not my favourite bosch book. Nice look into rioting scenes and police issues there. Quite a sad story really. 3/5

A Darkness More Than Night (Harry Bosch, #7; Terry McCaleb, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #8) by Michael Connelly A darkness more than night by Michael Connelly. Really enjoyed this but wished a little more involvement with bosch. Good suspenseful ending. 4/5

Host by Robin Cook Host by Robin Cook.
Enjoyable but not the best of his novels. Healthy people go into surgery and die under sudden anaesthetic mishaps. A med student whose boyfriend dies in the same way gets on the case to try and find answers. 4/5

Kraken Rising (Alex Hunter, #6) by Greig Beck Kraken Rising by greig beck. For some reason i really like this series. Alex hunter is back as a secret us sub goes missing in the antartic test run. Its distress signal comes from the restricted zone from his last antartic mission in an earlier novel. Love the imaginative story, horrors and worlds beck creates for his books. 4/5

Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #1) by Spencer Quinn Dog on it by spencer quinn. Good to read the first in the series. Chet always makes me laugh. 4/5

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments Good month of reading made great with some time off!
I love the Bosch series. Haven't tried any Spencer Quinn yet. Will have to do that.

message 3: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2943 comments There is a strong element of fun in the Spencer Quinn series.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments Nice list Jack! I started Dog on It a couple of months ago and then lost my turn at the library before finishing it; I'm glad your post reminded me to grab it again.
I'm going to try listening to it on OneClickDigital as an audio this time.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1598 comments Good books Jack! I've read three of them.

message 6: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments Bark!