Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Sheryl's Readathon Book Bin

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 14 comments Ready to read - Goal is to finish a couple of the books I've already started, then knock off some from my challenges lists.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Welcome Sheryl! That is my plan as well!

message 3: by Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (last edited Oct 22, 2016 06:10AM) (new)

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 14 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Hartford CT, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? no clue!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Educator
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? First - catching up on my Goodreads Challenges

Happy reading

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 14 comments Done my first book.

And Again by Jessica Chiarella And Again by Jessica Chiarella.

#readthon #deweysreadathon

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 14 comments Book memory mini-challenge

Reading The Bean Trees (Greer Family, #1) by Barbara Kingsolver on a trip to move my brother to Phoenix. Like the narrator, my car broke down in a small southwestern town. Unlike her, I didn't stay long (repairs took a week)!

Reading

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 14 comments Kathryn CA wrote: "Welcome Sheryl! That is my plan as well!"
Thanks, hope your reading is going well!

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 14 comments Third book finished - best book probably this year...

Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood

Brilliant as always - the play within the play, re-enacting themes and roles. Humor and language that twists around the Bards words, yet never loses sight of the essence. I'm a slow reader especially with such a layered writer, but it was so it worth 5 hours of reading and all the breaks. #readathon #dewey's24hourreadathon

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 14 comments Finished a fourth around 5:00 AM - posted on twitter and my regular feed here and facebook, but I forgot to post it here.

Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz

I feel asleep on book 5 around 6 and didn't quite make it. :-(