Christian Readers discussion

Friday Night

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Wilson (C_E_Wilson) | 54 comments Oh it's been one of those days. Got home with a headache just bad enough to disallow writing. Wouldn't it be great if we could just focus on writing our books and not everything else? I miss writing. Lol.

I'm going to have to schedule my time so that social media is only on certain days, writing on other days.

How do you balance it all?

message 2: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 12 comments Whew, I have a very hectic life. I have to balance my job, my wife, my baby, my lesson planning for Wed nights and Sun mornings, with my writing and editing thrown into the mix. My time with lessons, writing and editing usually comes between 10 pm and midnight, and occasionally 1 am, after everyone else has gone to bed.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 110 comments I ring-fence 15 hours a week. Two or three hours of those are for marketing, the others are for research, planning and writing. Not a lot, but I still find that I rarely manage to keep those hours free of so-called urgent and important interruptions. I refuse to respond to emails in that time. As I write historically, if the telephone or the mobile (cell phone) goes it really jars my nerves and takes me right out of the 19th century so I do answer that. Then make a cup of tea! But you could put it on silent, shut your door and tell everyone you are not to be disturbed.

I couldn't possibly write at 10 p,m,, Nathan! I can, however, if necessary, get up early and shut myself away for a bit.

I also will only allow myself to check emails and so on during lunch time or tea breaks! I work from home so I can do this. Saturdays are sometimes a good day for catching up, either on the writing or the communications of all sorts.

I sound good - but don't you believe it! Life crowds in and there are some things - like my grown up family - which take priority and they never know that I have lost a morning's writing. Just last week, I answered the call to be with my son (who lives abroad) and bang went a whole week's writing-related stuff!

My prayer is that I will use the time I have been given wisely!

message 4: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 12 comments Writing at night seems to be the best for me, at least since the first draft of book #1, which was done mostly during regular business hours, since there was no baby to need me; now all writing and editing happen in the late night hours, where I'm sure to have the most quiet time

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 110 comments Ah... a baby! I can see why you write later rather than earlier. Babies wake up so early!!!