Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Candy's Readathon

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candy (last edited Oct 21, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Candy | 72 comments This is my first Dewey's Readathon. I've been meaning to do it since I found out about it last year, but didn't have the time. I have the whole day free tomorrow but I have been in a major reading slump lately, so I'm hoping this helps get me out of it. I still haven't made a final TBR so I better get on it :)

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 181 comments I haven't made one either, so you're not alone! Welcome! This is a great community.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome! Have fun making your tbr.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Hi! Welcome! Here is a tip for being in a reading slump and doing Dewey... if you're reading a book and it doesn't capture you, just put it aside and pick up something else. Otherwise it will just make the slump worse and the day horrible. Even if it takes 20 books to find the one that captures you, do it.

message 5: by Candy (new)

Candy | 72 comments Thanks for the welcomes :)
Kathryn CA thanks for the tips. I was mostly going to read Halloween/Horror books but I added in some Contemporaries and Graphic novels in case I need a break. Hopefully that'll help.

message 6: by Candy (new)

Candy | 72 comments Opening Meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Northern Maine

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Horns by Joe Hill

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Tea and my box of Graze snacks

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I've loved reading as long as I can remember. I'm not very picky when it comes to books but I've been reading a lot of YA lately.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my first readathon and I'm excited to start. I'm hoping to finish at least 2 books (not counting the one I've already started).

message 7: by Candy (last edited Oct 22, 2016 09:03PM) (new)

Candy | 72 comments Reading Overview:

Hour 1: Reading Horns by Joe Hill Pages Read: 40
Hour 2: Reading Horns by Joe Hill Pages Read: 34 Total Pages Read: 74
Hour 3: Reading Horns by Joe Hill Pages Read: 29 Total Pages Read: 103
Hour 4: Reading: Horns by Joe Hill The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury Pages Read: 36 Total Pages Read: 139
Hour 5: Reading The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury Pages Read: 30 Total Pages Read: 169
Hour 6: Reading The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury Pages Read: 15 Total Pages Read: 184
Hour 7: Reading: The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury Pages Read: 25 Total Pages Read: 209
Hour 8: Reading: The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury Pages Read: 55 Total Pages Read: 264
Hour 9: Reading: The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Pages Read: 17 Total Pages Read: 281
Hour 10: Reading: The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Pages Read: 28 Total Pages Read: 309
Hour 11: Reading: The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Pages Read: 0 Total Pages Read: 309
Hour 12: Reading: The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Pages Read: 5 Total Pages Read: 314
Hour 13: Reading: The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Horns by Joe Hill Pages Read: 29 Total Pages Read: 343
Hour 14: Reading: The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Pages Read: 17 Total Pages Read: 360
Hour 15: Reading: Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan Pages Read: 79 Total Pages Read: 439
Hour 16: Reading: Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Pages Read: 70 Total Pages Read: 509
Hour 17:
Hour 18:
Hour 19:
Hour 20:
Hour 21:
Hour 22:
Hour 23:
Hour 24:

Books Finished: The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury

message 8: by Candy (last edited Oct 22, 2016 09:20AM) (new)

Candy | 72 comments Mini-Challenge: A Puzzling Challenge

1. Vow
2. Gown
3. Candles, Cake
4. Gifts
5. Rings
6. Veil
7. Bride
8. Couple
9. Groom
10. Bell
11. Flowers
12. Honeymoon

message 9: by Candy (new)

Candy | 72 comments Finished my first book The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury ...want to at least get through 1 more before the end

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 11: by Candy (last edited Oct 22, 2016 04:39PM) (new)

Candy | 72 comments Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
The Wonder by Emma Donoghue and Horns by Joe Hill

2. How many books have you read so far?
I've finished The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
To finish at least 1 more book

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Not really but I did need to step away for an hour to rest my eyes and I'm sure I'll need a nap soon

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I've been able to read as much as I have

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments You are reading some interesting things! Saga is actually one of my favorite graphic novels right now! ~Ashley

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.