Emily March Fans discussion

2016 Holidays & Events > Holiday Reads 2016

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Ladies, it's time to consider some of our favorite things and start thinking ahead to the holidays! I loved Christmas in Eternity Springs so much, I'll be reading it again before Christmas comes. But there's another holiday read I really enjoyed, by Jill Shalvis. It's called "The Trouble With Mistletoe" and if you enjoy Jill's writing style, you will love the quirky, sweet and sassy characters in this quick, easy read.

What are some of your favorite holiday reads?

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments I just finished rereading Mistletoe Mine by Emily March. I had forgotten the characters so it was a fun read. I also love to read Debbie Macomber's. Christmas stories, especially the one's with Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, her Christmas Angels. I may just have to dig those out and read them again.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Call | 106 comments Oh man! I love Jill Shalvis!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read anything by Debbie Macomber yet, but I noticed today in my RWA magazine that she's now published over 100 books. WOW. I can't even finish the one! I think some authors are just gifted with a free flow of story ideas and my mind just isn't as open to them as others. But I do intend to try one of her books this year. And, Jessica - if you love Jill S., you will love the hero and heroine in The Trouble With Mistletoe. It's steamy and sweet.

message 5: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments I was so bummed when I saw they canceled Cedar Cove on Hallmark channel . I have read everything written by Debbie, she has some great Christmas books . Hugs Lola

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

My mom adored the Hallmark Channel. Since she passed away, it's hard for me to watch it...so many memories. In her last years, she couldn't see the screen but she loved to listen to her favorite shows and specials. We'd sit there together in the evening until time to go to bed.

As we get closer to her birthday, I've turned into an emotional mess. I'm guessing the first birthday is the hardest...and by the time it gets here I'll be ready to face it.

As I pull back from my over-commitments to reviews, I plan to explore some more new authors...that is, while we wait patiently (!) for Brick's story!

message 7: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Paula , Was it you who said your Hubby likes the Good Witch? I never miss the show or the movies .I have been a fan of Catherine Bell from Jag ,to Army Wives, to Good Witch. My Daughter and I both think we are Hedge Witches. Love, Lola

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Lola wrote: "Paula , Was it you who said your Hubby likes the Good Witch? I never miss the show or the movies .I have been a fan of Catherine Bell from Jag ,to Army Wives, to Good Witch. My Daughter and I both ..."

Yes! My hubby has had a crush on Catherine Bell since she first appeared on JAG, and he never misses a Good Witch! I love those stories too, because she is so charming and convincing - and the episodes are so sweetly romantic. Hmmm I need to figure out what kind of witch I might be. Although I'm not sure I want to know... LOL

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Hello everyone.
I got so excited yesterday. I was asked to put out the new paperback books and when I opened the box and began to sort through them I discovered "Christmas in Eternity Springs" !!!! We have never received Emily's books before so I was so happy to be able to display this one. I told all of my co-workers about it, they probably think I am nuts, but I don't care, it was an exciting moment for me knowing Emily would be represented in my work place.
I hope everyone is doing well. It is the holiday season so I am working more and the traffic is horrendous. It takes such a long time to get home. I have all but given up the idea of working for Home Depot. I have had four calls now but it is for part time and $3.00 less an hour. Even with the savings on travel and gasoline it would not make up for the loss of income. I guess I will just stick it out and see what happens in January. If they close our store they will have to either lay me off, in which case I can draw unemployment till I find another job, or they will transfer me to another location. It will all work out one way or another. I have decided to leave it in God's hands and let Him work it out for me. I have to trust that He will provide for our family. He did't bring us this far to leave us now.
I am working today and tomorrow. I also have to work Thanksgiving Day. I wish stores would close for the Holidays. No other store in our complex will be open so I don't expect much business. Oh well, It's only for a few hours and I will be home early.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Peace be with you.

Linda Manthey

message 10: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Linda wrote: "I just finished rereading Mistletoe Mine by Emily March. I had forgotten the characters so it was a fun read. I also love to read Debbie Macomber's. Christmas stories, especially the one's with Shi..."

I love Shirley Goodness and Mercy!!! Those angels get into a mess of trouble. Did you read the one where one of the angels misplaced a battleship?
Hugs to you,
Jina

message 11: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Hi Linda,
What fun putting out Emily's Book! Too bad about Home Depot but when the right job comes you will know at once it is the right one. Hold on I know it is coming! I have Faith ! Love , Lola

message 12: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Jina wrote: "Linda wrote: "I just finished rereading Mistletoe Mine by Emily March. I had forgotten the characters so it was a fun read. I also love to read Debbie Macomber's. Christmas stories, especially the ..."

Dear Jina,
No I haven't read that one. Did you get the photo of the gourd Fairy House I sent you? I am thing about making one for my Fairy Garden . I have a lot of polymer clay ,I hope it is still pliable. It's been awhile since I have used it. I tried to post the photo but I don't have it on file. Love, Lola

message 13: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments I posted the photo . I think it is so cute. Love, Lola

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Lola wrote: "Hi Linda,
What fun putting out Emily's Book! Too bad about Home Depot but when the right job comes you will know at once it is the right one. Hold on I know it is coming! I have Faith ! Love , Lola"

Thank you Lola,
I wos so excited when I opened that box and saw Emily's Book.
I saw the photo of the fairy house. It is so cute. As far as your clay goes, I think if you knead it enough it will be fine. I have a pasta roller that I use and it is good to make the clay more pliable. I picked it up at goodwill and it works great.
I can't wait to see it in your garden, you will have to post photos.
As for birthdays, mine is August 28. I turned 57 this year. I know what you mean about the body not matching up to the age you feel you are. Although today I feel about 100 years old. I have a very bad cold and my joints are aching. I am off for two days so I am just going to rest and hope I am better by Wednesday. I made some veggie soup from some stock I had on hand and I am already feeling a little better. The warm broth has done wonders for my sore throat and sinus congestion.
I hope all is well with you and your family. I am going to lay down for a while and rest. Have a great day
Love ya. Linda

message 15: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Thanks Linda, I have a pasta roller too , I will have to get everything out again. I had so much fun making things with the clay . I will have to look for a gourd at Hobby Lobby or online.
I started using my humidifier again it is so dry here. I also find soup the best thing when sick. That and a long hot bath, too bad our tub is too small to stretch out in. The house we rented when we first move to Montana had the best bath tub , I would love one of the old claw foot tubs from when I was a kid. Next spring we are going to get an estimate for removing our tub and putting in a glass walk-in shower ,as we get older it will be harder to get in & out of the tub. Love, Lola

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't believe it -- this thread didn't show up in my updates feed and I've missed a TON of conversation in the last week or so. I think my app is cursed.

LOL.
P