The Rizkaland Legends discussion

Characters > Reuben

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 650 comments Mod
A general fan favorite.

Fun Facts:
Reuben is the name that my Grandmother always wanted to give a son.
His reaction to arriving in Rizkaland is what I think my reaction would be to arriving in another world.
His original weapon wasn't a matching stick to Petra's. It was a ball.
His gift was speed. He could run really fast.

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Cool! And, just curious ... what would he have done with a ball? I'm actually quite interested.

message 3: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Throw it.

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Ah.

message 5: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

The multitude of ridiculous weapons I came up with was ... ridiculous.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Kendra wrote: "The multitude of ridiculous weapons I came up with was ... ridiculous."

Recalling the list of the 8 and 10, I won't argue with that. I like his staff, though. Staffs are cool.

Reuben is another of my favorite characters. I totally wish he was real so we could be friends.

message 7: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Sarah Taleweaver wrote: "Reuben is another of my favorite characters. I totally wish he was real so we could be friends."

I on the other hand would probably not be friends with a guy like Reuben. At least I wouldn't have a few years ago. I'm too shy and would find him intimidating. Even though he would only be being friendly. These days, who knows?

Though if he were real, remember that this book is set in 2004. He's be thirty now. Well Actually older because of Rizkaland, but that doesn't count the same.

message 8: by Sarah (last edited Oct 23, 2016 06:05PM) (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Brie wrote: "Sarah Taleweaver wrote: "Reuben is another of my favorite characters. I totally wish he was real so we could be friends."

I on the other hand would probably not be friends with a guy like Reuben. ..."

A. I have no idea what year the book is set in. Unless specifically noted in the text, I generally assume any more-or-less-modern setting to be roughly around the time of "now."
B. I might've found him intimidating at first, but as soon as he mentioned that he liked fantasy novels, I'd be much more confident. Or that's how it's always worked with other guys similar to him.

message 9: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Yeah. I usually don't think about the exact time of the books, but Kendra mentioned once that its the 2008 Olympics Clara goes too.

and as I said I really don't know how I would be around him. I wouldn't be the one saying saying hi first for certain. Either way Petra needn't be the tiniest bit jealous od me.

message 10: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Yes, it takes place in 2004, and Clara will particpate in the 2008 Chinese Olypmics.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Oh. Right. I forgot about the Olympics bit.

message 12: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Anyone have any questions for the charming and amiable Reuben?

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments I do!

-So in that one AA short, you kept giving your favorite books to Petra, and it sounded like you gave her your own copies. Did you ever get those back? Did you buy new ones? Or did you just steal them off her shelves whenever you wanted to read them?
-Have you kept up with recent fantasy releases since you got back from Rizkaland? Or have you not had time? Or have you been too distracted by Petra?
-Speaking of which, since you love to read so much, have you ever considered writing a book?

message 14: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Heeheehee. Oh, Reuben.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Kendra wrote: "Heeheehee. Oh, Reuben."

Is this relating to my questions or whatever book you're writing?

message 16: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

It's in relation to your first question here.

message 17: by Erudessa (new)

Erudessa Aranduriel | 21 comments -What is your favorite fictional world?
-What time of day do you consider to be the 'best' time?
-What is your favorite memory of Petra?
-Coffee, Cocoa or Tea?
-What is your favorite metal?