The Rizkaland Legends discussion

Characters > Petra

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 650 comments Mod
A topic where you can discuss the famed Tela Du.

Fun facts:
Petra is based on Peter of Narnia, hence the name, and backstory-wise, would have been named Peter if she'd been a boy.
She started out as a ENFP with some INTJ tendencies (aka my image of the perfect person), became an INFJ after I added Reuben, and then became an INTJ in the last draft ... though my INTJ beta said that I didn't quite nail the INTJ-ness.
The INTJ that I drew the most inspiration for Petra's character was actually my baby sister, because said baby sister has had a childhood the most similar to Petra's out of all of the INTJ's that I know. (Just subsitute Reuben for an ENFJ brother.)
At one time, Petra had an elf-gift (since she was going to queen) - shrinking. I cut it only in the last draft, because I didn't know if I'd ever work it into the plot, and I didn't want to make her overpowered. I actually cut a lot of potential powers that she'd had at one point or another.

message 2: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Shrinking would be cool, but not this book.

message 3: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Shrinking would be cool, but not this book.

message 4: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Nah, not this book. Maybe some other story.

message 5: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Put it in ROCKS.

message 6: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Oh, it will be.

Oh my poor Petra...

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Kendra wrote: "Oh, it will be.

Oh my poor Petra..."

*narrows eyes* What are you doing to Petra?

message 8: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 158 comments The poor everybody because of Petra.

message 9: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

*Whistles innocently*

I took away her sisters and made her think she might be crazy for remembering them, remember....

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments @Kendra: You wouldn't be saying "Oh my poor Petra" about that. Particularly not if you're whistling innocently about it. Do I need to put Petra on my list of characters I'm kidnapping?

message 11: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

I don't think that would help her any.

message 12: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 158 comments It really wouldn't.

message 13: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Because she's 70% making her own mess right now. She wouldn't do much better in your possession than she is in mine.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments . . . Darn it. *reluctantly takes Petra off the list of characters to kidnap*

message 15: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

I might recommend kidnapping of Reuben, but I don't know that it'll do him much good either. He might turn into a melted mess if he gets separated from Petra.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Kendra wrote: "I might recommend kidnapping of Reuben, but I don't know that it'll do him much good either. He might turn into a melted mess if he gets separated from Petra."

I'm not kidnapping Reuben. If I kidnap Reuben, Petra is certain to find out who did it. And if Petra finds that out, she'll come after me, and angry Petra sounds scary. She'd probably kill me. So, as I happen to like living, I shall refrain from kidnapping Reuben (or if I kidnap him, I shall also kidnap Petra so she doesn't come after me).

message 17: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

XD

message 18: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

She might be relieved to have him out of her hair, though, especially if she realized that you were kidnapping him for his protection.

message 19: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Mmm

This is hilarious.
There's some other people I'd like to kidnap to stop trouble. But I'm scared of them. Summer might work though. I'll kidnap her.

message 20: by Sarah (last edited Jan 19, 2017 05:17AM) (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Kendra wrote: "She might be relieved to have him out of her hair, though, especially if she realized that you were kidnapping him for his protection."

Huh. True. So I'd just have to clear it with her first, let her know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it, and then I'd be good . . . storms, maybe I could even get some help from her that way.

@Brie: Glad I can amuse you. And how would kidnapping Summer help anything?

Also, unrelated to kidnapping discussion but question I had for potential cosplay purposes: does Petra wear neutral colors in addition to purple? (For example, might she wear a purple shirt and a grey skirt, or vice versa?) Or is her wardrobe exclusively purple?

message 21: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

She will will wear neutral colors - mostly the black/white/gray range, but also the occasional pair of blue jeans.

I think Brie thinks that kidnapping Summer would prevent the inciting incident, but I'm not so certain.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments Kendra wrote: "She will will wear neutral colors - mostly the black/white/gray range, but also the occasional pair of blue jeans.

I think Brie thinks that kidnapping Summer would prevent the inciting incident, b..."

Good to know. Thanks. That'll make cosplay much easier.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Got it. But if I kidnap Summer, I have to put up with Summer . . . :P

message 23: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Yeah, you would.

message 24: by Sarah (last edited Jan 20, 2017 04:35AM) (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments And putting up with Summer is not something I'm prepared to do at the moment. Even if she is more mature than she used to be.

message 25: by Kendra, The Author Person (new)

Any questions for Petra?

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 158 comments -Sarah says you like BBC TV. Does that include Doctor Who? And if so, how many times have you made a DW reference at Laura? (If you've watched it and haven't made references, I will be deeply disappointed in you.)
-Has having both your sisters back again taken a lot of adjusting? Or not so much, since you had them in Rizkaland before you returned to Earth?
-On a related note, how tired are you of having to play the mediator between Sylvia and Sarah? Or do you not have to do that so much these days?

message 27: by Erudessa (new)

Erudessa Aranduriel | 21 comments -What is the easiest way to tease Reuben?
-What is the first word that popped into your mind when you entered Rizkaland and realized it was a different world?
-What do you consider to be the worst and best parts of being a triplet?
-If you could change one thing in your family's history, what would it be?
-What household chore do you dislike the most?

message 28: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 216 comments Answer to Dessa's second question: The grass was purple.

Well probably not the exact answer, but it was my first thought when I saw the question.