Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

On the Hit List
This topic is about On the Hit List
Questions > How to connect an author's second novel to his account

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cyn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cyn (cynscorner) | 6 comments Trying to get this title to show up for this author:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

But it seems to have created a different "author" for him when I added his new book ("On the Hitlist"), and I can't figure out how to make it work.

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Fixed. :)

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1764 comments Fixed. The correct Timothy Dalton has two spaces between his first and last name (GR uses extra spaces to distinguish between authors with the same name).

message 4: by Cyn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cyn (cynscorner) | 6 comments For real? He's got two spaces? lol I never even noticed. I created the Author page for him last year, so am I able to delete the extra space? Or is that something he'd need to do?

Thanks for your help, ladies!

message 5: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Cyn wrote: "For real? He's got two spaces? lol I never even noticed. I created the Author page for him last year, so am I able to delete the extra space? Or is that something he'd need to do?

Thanks for your..."

No, you don't want to delete the second space. It's how Goodreads keeps authors with the same name from getting mashed together. You can't see the two spaces except in edit mode.

message 6: by Cyn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cyn (cynscorner) | 6 comments Oh, ok - thanks!