Amnesty International BookClub discussion

READERS' CHOICE 2016 - TIME TO VOTE

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amnesty (new)

Amnesty Bookclub | 225 comments Mod
It's that time of the year to vote for what you think should be this year's readers' choice title. Go here and vote!

https://amnestycanada.informz.ca/surv...

Thank you! Closes OCTOBER 31st.

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 3 comments I don't understand exactly what is meant by "readers' choice." Are we voting for the next book we want to read, either in the bookclub or personally? Or do we vote for what we think is the best book in the list?

message 3: by Amnesty (new)

Melanie wrote: "I don't understand exactly what is meant by "readers' choice." Are we voting for the next book we want to read, either in the bookclub or personally? Or do we vote for what we think is the best boo..."

Good question! Essentially, it's voting for the book you think should be the December selection for the AI book club. You can vote for one of the titles nominated that you have read and think is great, that you think others in a book club focused on human rights would appreciate, or one that intrigues you. It's up to you.

Usually, the monthly title is selected by another Canadian author, but once a year book club participants nominate books for the book club and then people vote. I hope that helps!

Thanks for asking.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 3 comments That makes sense. Thank you!

Lots of good books to choose from on this list. I'm reading The Orenda right now and it's fascinating.

message 5: by Amnesty (new)

I know! It's difficult to chose just one.