Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Bill's mostly-graphic-novel Readathon home

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2 comments Hi everyone! This will be my second readathon. I'll be participating mostly in the morning, evening, and late evening -- I have a housewarming party to attend in the afternoon.

I'm using this as an opportunity to catch up on stacks of graphic novels from my collection and from my library. In particular, there are a few series that I have been meaning to continue (or start!) and I'd like to make some progress there.

My current TBR list includes:

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Scott Pilgrim, #2) by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Master Keaton No. 2 (Master Keaton Kanzenban, #2) by Naoki Urasawa
Blue Monday Volume 1 The Kids Are Alright by Chynna Clugston Flores Blue Monday Volume 2 Absolute Beginners by Chynna Clugston Flores Blue Monday Volume 3 Inbetween Days by Chynna Clugston Flores Blue Monday Volume 4 Painted Moon by Chynna Clugston Flores
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1) by Hayao Miyazaki Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2) by Hayao Miyazaki Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #3) by Hayao Miyazaki Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 4 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #4) by Hayao Miyazaki
Understanding Comics The Invisible Art by Scott McCloud Making Comics Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels by Scott McCloud Reinventing Comics How Imagination and Technology Are Revolutionizing an Art Form by Scott McCloud

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Welcome! Hope you enjoy the housewarming party! Readathon is always great for catching up.

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Hi Bill!!

I stocked up on some Graphic Novels too:) Just for a nice break from my longer reads.

Enjoy and have fun!!!!

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2 comments Thanks everyone! Just entering hour 4 and I've finished one book, Scott Pilgrim Volume 2. (I'd love to keep reading the series, but my library holds on the rest of the volumes haven't arrived yet. D'oh!)

I'm going to work on Master Keaton Volume 2 next and then start digging into another series or two before I head out for my friends' housewarming.

message 5: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 494 comments Sounds like you've had a productive Readathon so far. Hope you can get back to the books later!

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2 comments D'oh, I got back home much later than intended! Two books down, both Volume 2 of graphic novel series I've been meaning to catch up on. I'll try to finish up a few other short works before bed!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments I love graphic novels...especially because you can read so many! ;p
I see you have Scott Pilgram which I haven't read myself, but have heard from several people that it is a great series! ~Ashley

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.