What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books about a girl who suffers from depression and self harming and then a guy comes into her life and changes her whole world

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 1 comments I'm trying to find a book about a girl who suffers rom depression and self harming and then a guy coming into her life and changing her whole world. He wants to help her to be happy again and to try and stop cutting herself. He loves her and wants to be with her even after their senior year of high school. I was just trying to find a book like this and if there isn't a book like this then that is okay. if there is a book similar to this plot line then I would love to read it. Thank you!

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri | 342 comments The Stark Trilogy by J. KennerRelease Me deals with cutting, and I know I read another one but can't remember at the moment. Set in college perhaps.

message 3: by Juels (last edited Oct 21, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Juels | 2476 comments This has an anorexic/bulimic girl and a boy that self-harms/cuts. Their story starts just as they enter college.

The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden
The Redemption of Callie & Kayden
The Resolution of Callie & Kayden

message 4: by Hallie (new)

Hallie | 15 comments All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven is a similar storyline but is more modern. I'd link it but I don't know how!
Hope you find what you're looking for.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Catherine, I moved your request to the Requests: for books in general folder because you're not looking for one specific book but books with a theme.

To help people searching for books, please add a description of your book to the Topic header. (Click "edit" beside the header if you're on the desktop, not mobile, version of the website. Just ask if you'd like some help.)

message 6: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 712 comments Willow fits this to a T.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
All the Bright Places for Hallie's click.

In order to link a book Hallie, you have to be on the full GR site (the apps don't work--seriously need to get something done about that, but we've been complaining for years with no luck. Er, sorry, getting off of hobby horse now.) Click the add book/author click at the top of the comments box (sort of middle/right-ish) and that will open up a tab where you can put in either the title (default when opening the tab) or author (click on author to get there) and voila' you've added either the title or author or both, if you so desire.

message 8: by Rae (last edited Nov 12, 2016 04:50PM) (new)

Rae | 297 comments Blurred Lines (Blurred Lines, #1) by Chloe Walsh Never Let Me Go (Blurred Lines, #2) by Chloe Walsh
The above is a two part series.

Keeping Secrets by Lisa Eugene features a heroine who is pressured into thinking that she has to be the best/perfect. She ends up in the hospital.

These three books are my absolute fave and they pack a punch. But theres a HEA. My books has to have a HEA.

message 10: by David (new)

David Rose | 47 comments Breaking Free a girl who cuts, meets a boy with other issues on a compulsory camping trip, it goes from there. Superb book.

message 11: by Spottyblanket (new)

Spottyblanket It is more about abhse than self harmining but i highly recommend Paper Butterflies by Lisa Hartfield. It was really emotional and beautifully written. One f fave books to come out in 2016https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 12: by Anya (new)

Anya | 85 comments Try Finding Subrey by sophie kinsella or Fangirl ( although They are more about social anxiety)

message 13: by Hallie (new)

Hallie | 15 comments Also there is the Barely Breathing series!

message 14: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 274 comments Similar plot - Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes - boy is an overweight swimmer, girl has burn scars.