Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > At the party - Kristell

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments I'm going to try to read as much as I can while traveling. I wasn't thrilled my family picked this specific day for it but oh well.

message 2: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Instagram @oyroyam
Twitter @krikrikc
I'm going to try the Book Taste Testing and hopefully read The Patient's Eyes by David Pirie

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Where is the trip to? And I hope you get some reading in. But family time is important.

message 4: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments It's not exactly a family trip, we're just going to Texas, we see each other almost daily. We were supposed to go last week but they changed the plans at the last minute.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Kristell wrote: "It's not exactly a family trip, we're just going to Texas, we see each other almost daily. We were supposed to go last week but they changed the plans at the last minute."

Oh. That is too bad it didn't work out last weekend so you could have the whole day tomorrow.

message 6: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Trying to read in the car with three other people that don't stop talking, is not easy. Especially when they try to include you in their conversations. It took me an hour to finish chapter one of Red Queen

message 7: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Hour 2 went better once they slept for a while and it was only the background music. Finished three chapters of The Patient's Eyes

message 8: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Hour 3 went by so fast, I don't think i was able to read much. We are now on our first stop. Still reading the same book

message 9: by Bostonlotus (new)

Bostonlotus Know what you mean. Unless I hide, somebody has something they need to tell me "right now".

message 10: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments bostonlotus I know, I was waiting for them to fall asleep lol

Hour 7 and we're running around, brunch break is over, I was able to read for a bit. Still the same book

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 12: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Yay! Thanks!

Hour 12
1. What are you reading right now?
Still reading The Patient's Eyes by David Pirie

2. How many books have you read so far?
I'm still reading the same one I started, haven't had much time. Though I did read the first chapter of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Probably Nil Unlocked, finally able to finish the series.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes, today we went on a road trip with lots of stops and people talking, I've been doing my best to find time to read.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Surprises me? How fast people read I guess.

message 13: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Hour 16, our road trip is finally ending, we are so close and just in time because my battery is dying and it's night time so no light to read a book in the car. I started The Lost & Found by Katrina Leno from Epic Reads First5 for the Book Taste Testing and read two chapters. Very interesting, I think I'll buy it soon.

message 14: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Hour 19, I'm home but I don't think I can stay awake. I'm going to try to come back by hour 23. This has been so fun and I haven't been here properly. I'm looking forward to next readathon.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Welp, this sounded like a very challenging read-a-thon this year! Glad you had gotten some reading time in and have a safe and fun trip! ~Ashley

message 16: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Colona Public Library, thanks! It really was, I'm hoping next time I'll be able to really join.

I overslept and couldn't come back before the end. Another thing that made it a bit complicated is that my nook and laptop were stolen two months ago, so even after I came home, I still have to do everything from my phone. It's not easy for me switching back and forth between all the apps. I prefer using a laptop for websites and goodreads would be easier to comment.
I couldn't read a lot, I started one book and read two ebooks for the Book Taste Testing. I thought this was fun, I think I'll do it again next time.
Pages read, since I haven't checked I'm not exactly sure but I believe 89 in total.

My book, The Patient's Eyes by David Pirie, went everywhere with me today as I was trying to find time to read.
Red Queen and The Lost & Found were part of Epic Reads First5 email chapter samples.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard was there in the morning when there was still no sun light. The first hour of our trip.
The Losf & Found by Katrina Leno was there last night when the moon was out but didn't have enough light to help me see. The last couple hours of our trip on our way home before my battery died.

message 17: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments April 2017

I haven't signed up yet but I was considering if I should join. My cousin's 18th birthday is the same day as this and I didn't now if I'd have time. But I'm thinking maybe I'll get too read all morning and part of the afternoon and hopefully he'll want to celebrate at night. I'll see how it goes, I'll go sign up.

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments I say sign up even if you can only read five minutes.

message 19: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Kathryn CA wrote: "I say sign up even if you can only read five minutes."

I just signed up :) Can't wait for it to start

message 20: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Well, my family is planning a trip for Saturday, you'd think they do it on purpose. So, I'll see how it goes

message 21: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hayward Pérez  | 22 comments If I were you I'd read on the trip. Hope you get some time to read

message 22: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hayward Pérez  | 22 comments Kristell wrote: "Kathryn CA wrote: "I say sign up even if you can only read five minutes."

I just signed up :) Can't wait for it to start"

Best of luck

message 23: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hayward Pérez  | 22 comments I'll be Tweeting my progress at @theglitzqueen. Also at Instagram @purplestar81

message 24: by Kristell (last edited Apr 25, 2017 06:43AM) (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Katherine wrote: "If I were you I'd read on the trip. Hope you get some time to read"

I did that last time lol but this time my little nieces might go and well, they're a handful but I'll try to get some time. Thank you.
I'm still excited for the readathon though, hope you have fun.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Happy reading! ~Ashley