AlexandriaLibraryVA discussion

General > Book Sales at Beatley and Burke Libraries 10/20 - 10/23

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alexandria Library (alexandrialibraryva) | 72 comments Mod
Hi Everyone,

Stop by the Beatley and Burke book sales going on this weekend. We still have a lot of great books available, so come check them out. These book sales our run by our Friends of Library groups and the proceeds go to help us offer really great programs.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22 comments I just went to the Beatley library this afternoon and I agree lots of great books! But I wish that all these paperbacks wouldn't be under the tables. I noticed that at the last book sale too. Honestly its not much fun looking under there. Its uncomfortable, you are in everybody's way and there is only so much time I can spend looking at them before I get dizzy. The same time the tables are full with hardcovers and sections like biography or history where not many people are looking around. I don't know if this is on purpose that the more popular books are hard to reach so the other ones are sold easier....?

I went to the Burke library yesterday and I liked the set up much better. All paperbacks where on little tables and the hardcovers/themes where on shelves which could be reached from both sides.

message 3: by Caroline (last edited Oct 25, 2016 06:46AM) (new)

Caroline (literarygal) | 97 comments Mod
Thanks, Sandra, for your feedback and support of our Book Sales!
I will send your comments/compliments along to the Friends of the Burke Branch.
: )

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22 comments Thank you Caroline! I love the book sale and I had some great finds this year :). One thing people should also keep in mind is that not everybody is even able to look under there (I saw more middle-age, younger folks looking under the tables while I was there).

In a way I was lucky that I came at the last day because then they have moved part of them on the tables after they had space but I went last year on Thursday and everything was still underneath it.

But of course I also want to say thank you to the people who put their time and effort together to make this possible. This is just a suggestion :).

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 103 comments Mod
Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for your support of our book sales. I will definitely pass along your feedback to our Friends group here at Beatley.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22 comments Thanks!