Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Issues with Quotes > My Quotes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13661 comments Andrea wrote: "Yesterday a "Librarian" deleted almost all of my quotes without my permission. And then lied to me "Once they are deleted there's no way of retrieving them" I reposted my quotes. Today I've found t..."

You are being very offensive to someone who tried to help you. In spite of what you might think, your request was not phrased clearly. I also interpreted it as "please delete my quotes". As rivka already said in the other thread, librarians get requests for deletion of quotes all the time.

The mod (not the librarian who deleted the quotes) said that *librarians* can't undo deletions of quotes, which is true (seems you are the one having trouble comprehending).

Maybe staff do have a way to undo the deletions, and have reinstated your quotes for you. If you want some deleted, you'd better say clearly which ones (if any librarian still wants to do that for you). Alternatively, ask support (at) goodreads (dot) com.

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13661 comments Also, rivka wrote in the other thread "The original request has been resolved", so apparently the quotes had been reinstated already: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41982 comments Mod
Andrea, if you have any questions or concerns about your quotes, please use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.