YA LGBT Books discussion

Riley's War: Phase 1 (Riley's War, #1)
This topic is about Riley's War
Book Related Banter > YA LGBTQIA+ BOOK WITH POC AND MORE!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GemabearMonsta (last edited Oct 21, 2016 06:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

GemabearMonsta Hey, you guys! There's this great YA book out called Riley's War: Phase 1 available on Amazon here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEGV7QY that is SUCH a great read! It encompasses themes of LGBTQIA+ with POC characters within a dystopian society! Even the main character is Hispanic!

It is honestly probably the BEST read I've ever had!!! From the rapid pacing, to the plot twists coming right after another–seriously, they're amazing— even the characters are well developed and through out!!!

Here's part of a review left by a reader who read the book as well:

"If you are looking for a good book, with lots of plot depth, character development, dramatic storyline, and action, this is the book to read!
I think what makes this book most compelling to read, is the unconventional originality, of the main character. They are not your standard "hero"type, but work according to the justice they see fit."

And we're just talking about the first book!

I'll paste a blurb given by Amazon on the book of itself here below:

The year’s 2027.

Humanity has split into two halves: First World, the floating plate above that covers ⅓ of the planet built with futuristic technology and home to 56 million First Class citizens, and Second World, the Original Earth below running to ruin from war, famine, and poverty.

Recruited by Second World from jail, 17 year old, Hispanic, and charismatic Jukebox is taken to their Base, discovering files with dragons, mythical shape shifting snakes from China—even the ghost from his past. And when the dragons actually show up, threatening to destroy humanity within three days, it doesn’t make it any better. Not even the androids and cyborgs that are sent to kill him on an everyday basis. Maybe it’s because they’re looking for his dad that holds all the original secrets and truths behind their world’s destruction, like him.

And when a comet is learned to hit both worlds soon, Jukebox is faced with the decision of fighting for his race or himself when the meteor is established to contain a power that could grant mankind renewed life, or instantaneous death. Both worlds are at a clash to get to him and the comet once learning Jukebox can stop it—on the price of dying, deeming this battle as Second War—Riley’s War. And Jukebox doesn’t even want to stop it.

RILEY’S WAR: PHASE 1 is a powerful explosive sci-fi YA fantasy and action/adventure with undeniable appeal to fans of diverse LGBTQIA+ POC main characters and supporting cast.

Make sure to post a review on Amazon for the Author when you're done, and finished reading! Thanks!

message 2: by Kaje (last edited Oct 21, 2016 07:51PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16728 comments Hi there, you've been promoing this book on a bunch of groups. Are you the author or just a big fan? We definitely need more YA with POC and LGBT, so I'm just curious. We have some author opportunities here, including read to review.

GemabearMonsta Kaje wrote: "Hi there, you've been promoing this book on a bunch of groups. Are you the author or just a big fan? We definitely need more YA with POC and LGBT, so I'm just curious. We have some author opportuni..."

Hello, Kaje!

The Author can actually be found here--->https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2..., actually! LOL. My sister recommended the book to me, and honestly, I fell in love with it from the very start!

My Love for books featuring POC with LGBTQIA+ themes knows no bounds! lmao. But, I can't help myself! When there's a great book, I get so excited! LOL.

Thanks for commenting!