Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Romance - MC Romance Betas sought

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manda (new)

Manda Mellett (mandamellett) | 7 comments Having written the first three books in the Blood Brothers Series two minor characters jumped out at me and demanded their own book. I'm having a lot of fun with this, and while it continues a story started in the third book, it is zooming off in a completely different direction!

I've got an English woman who's lost the use of her legs, but who needs protection, and who somehow finds herself taken to a place of safety which happens to be an outlaw motorcycle club in Arizona. And it turns out she's not particularly safe there, not even from the bikers themselves. And then there's a contract on her head taken up by a rival MC... But, with the help of the rough round the edges SAA who helps her with her disability, and Wraith, the VP who becomes particularly close to her, she starts to return to the person she was before the devastating accident that saw her ending up in a wheelchair.

Now, I'm an English writer, and I love reading MC romances, but if you've read my other books this is a real departure for me. I'm therefore looking for betas who like this genre, and can give me there opinion on whether it's working or not. And if you come from Arizona I'd love to know if the setting and language used is authentic. I've visited Tucson a few times, so it's not as though the locality is unknown to me. But wherever you come from, I'll be interested in your opinion.

I expect to have the book ready in another 2 to 3 weeks. The first draft is currently 100,000 words long, and the beta read version is likely to turn out much longer than that so this won't be a short read. But if you're not gripped by the first few chapters that would be useful for me to know as well.

I'll be able to supply in Kindle, epub or pdf version.

If you're interested, l'd love to hear from you!

message 2: by Mainely (new)

Mainely Stories (mainelystories) Hello, if you are still looking for beta readers, I can help. I'm from New England so can't help with the Arizona setting. Marie
MarieNamer@gmail.com

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Mellett (mandamellett) | 7 comments Hi Marie! Thank you. Yes I'd love you to beta read thank you. Expect it will be ready at the end of next week. I'll email it to you then.

message 4: by Lady (new)

Lady (shyalwayz) | 57 comments i would like to beta read for you. message me

message 5: by Foua (new)

Foua | 1 comments Hi ya Manda, I'd be interested in reading your book if you're still looking for beta readers. I can't help with the setting but I'm an avid MC genre reader.

message 6: by Trish (new)

Trish Haill | 5 comments Hi Foua, that would be great! The book will be ready today. Message me your email address and the format you prefer. Thanks!

message 7: by Manda (new)

Manda Mellett (mandamellett) | 7 comments Message received, thanks. Sorry if my last post was confusing, I was logged into the wrong account!

message 8: by Manda (new)

Manda Mellett (mandamellett) | 7 comments Beta version now available if anyone else wants to read it?

message 9: by Colleen (new)

Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog) (thebooklover16) MC novels are my guilty pleasure. If you're still looking for beta readers, feel free to send me an email!
thebooklover16@hotmail.com

message 10: by India (new)

India Adams (indiaradams) | 7 comments OHHHHHHHH... I wish I had time! I love to beta and I LOVE MC books! Ugh!!!! Good luck!
India

message 11: by Manda (new)

Manda Mellett (mandamellett) | 7 comments Thanks India! It was great fun to write!

message 12: by Manda (new)

Manda Mellett (mandamellett) | 7 comments If you offered to beta read and haven't received a copy please check your junk folder as at least one of my emails ended up in someone's junk. Message me if you were expecting it and didn't get it. Thank you!