Valancourt Books discussion

Antique Dust: Ghost Stories
This topic is about Antique Dust
New Releases > Audiobook out now: Antique Dust by Robert Westall

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 821 comments Mod
Perfect for spooky Halloween listening, Robert Westall's ANTIQUE DUST is now available as an audiobook, narrated by two-time Audie Award winner R.C. Bray! Possibly the finest British writer of ghost stories since M.R. James, Westall is at his very best in this excellent collection focusing on a dealer who comes into contact with cursed antiques and haunted places.

description

Book Description (paperback edition)

‘Dealers are undertakers of a sort. When a man dies, the undertaker comes for the body, and the dealer comes for the rest. I deal in dead men’s clocks, pipes and swords. Passing through my hands, they give off joy, loneliness, fear . . . I have known more evil in a set of false teeth than in any so-called haunted house in England.’

So speaks Geoff Ashden, a regular guy trying to make an honest living as an antique dealer, but who has an uncanny knack for finding cursed objects and haunted places: a sinister Georgian clock carved with obscene and Satanic designs, a hideous doll with deadly powers, a pair of old spectacles that let their wearer see a little too clearly, an ugly house with a terrifying secret, a church full of graffiti scrawled in decomposing human flesh. In this collection, award-winning children’s author Robert Westall delivers a set of chilling tales for adults and proves himself, as Orrin Grey writes in the new introduction to this edition, ‘an obvious successor to that godfather of the English ghost story, M.R. James .’

Now available:

Paperback
Amazon US | Amazon UK
eBook
Amazon US | Amazon UK
Audiobook
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Audible

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 362 comments Loved this book!

Latasha (latasha513) | 98 comments yay! I liked this one too.

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 821 comments Mod
Glad you both enjoyed it and thanks!

Char  | 319 comments I loved this collection so much. :)