Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

13 views
Adding New Books > Books to be added to profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R.A. (new)

R.A. Brewster | 5 comments Would like my two books added to my account:
Dead Letters: In The Ruins Of Hope(ASINB01MEBMHWH)
Dead Letters: Elixir and Tears(ASINB01MDKU79R)

Also if you could edit my name to match the name on the books that might be where the problem is. My goodreads name is R.A. Brewster and my published name is R.A Brewster (Funny what an added dot can do)

Thank you all in advance


message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20804 comments Moved both to your profile.
Also created a series for them: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1916...

GR policy for author names is a period after each initial (and no space between initials).


message 3: by R.A. (new)

R.A. Brewster | 5 comments R.A. wrote: "Would like my two books added to my account:
Dead Letters: In The Ruins Of Hope(ASINB01MEBMHWH)
Dead Letters: Elixir and Tears(ASINB01MDKU79R)

Also if you could edit my name to match the name on..."


Ah so I should just add the period on my amazon and ditch the space to avoid this happening again? (thanks for making a series for them!)


message 4: by R.A. (new)

R.A. Brewster | 5 comments As another question that might answer the first, now that they have been added will any other books in the series just default to my page now or will I need to claim them? (I ask because I'm up to launch number three today)


message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24735 comments It totally depends on how your author name is entered.

If it is entered as Arenda described it will go directly to your profile, if not, a librarian will need to fix it, the same as above.


message 6: by R.A. (new)

R.A. Brewster | 5 comments Sandra wrote: "It totally depends on how your author name is entered.

If it is entered as Arenda described it will go directly to your profile, if not, a librarian will need to fix it, the same as above."

I get it, thanks everyone for your help and clearing things up.


message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments R.A. wrote: "Ah so I should just add the period on my amazon and ditch the space to avoid this happening again?"

If it is possible to correct this on Amazon, the books should then go to your GR profile directly. If not, you'll have to ask each time to have them moved (doesn't matter whether they are in the same series or not).

If you know the ISBN or ASIN of the to-be-published edition, you could also add the book yourself before the Amazon bot imports it. If the ISBN (or ASIN, whichever is applicable) is already in the database, Amazon won't add it again.


back to top