Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Lee Child chat on GR

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8062 comments From my mail inbox:

Hey, Lee Child fans!

Have you heard? The second Jack Reacher film—Jack Reacher: Never Go Back starring Tom Cruise—is coming to theaters on October 21. To promote it, author Lee Child is taking questions from the Goodreads audience. If you have any burning questions for Lee, simply reply to this email by end of day Monday, October 17. Then tune into our live Q&A with Lee on Tuesday, October 18 at 4 PM ET/1PM PT to see him answer your questions. All you have to do is visit twitter.com/goodreads and watch the action unfold. You can even ask him additional questions with the hashtag #AskLeeChild.

BONUS: If you’d like Lee to virtually sign a copy of one of his books, simply take a photo of your favorite Lee Child book cover and follow the signing instructions during the live Twitter chat.

Cheers!
Goodreads Editorial Team

I'm guessing the EW reviewer will not be in attendance....

message 2: by Jason E. (new)

Jason E. Fort (fortress23) | 5 comments Hi - just a huge Jack Reacher fan, here. I was wondering, speaking to Tom Cruise playing the part of Reacher...although I thought Tom did an outstanding job portraying the personality and 'violence of action' used so often by one of my favorite fictional characters, has Lee Child commented about the size discrepancy between a man of small stature such as Tom Cruise, playing the part of a character who in the thrillers, is six foot five and around 245 pounds? Just curious...

Fellow fan and author
Jason E. Fort

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14624 comments Jason: Lee Child did speak about it a while back when casting for the first movie was announced. I don't recall exactly what he said, but I think it touched on the ability of Cruise to portray the personality and presence of Reacher.
Jason wrote: "Hi - just a huge Jack Reacher fan, here. I was wondering, speaking to Tom Cruise playing the part of Reacher...although I thought Tom did an outstanding job portraying the personality and 'violence.
has Lee Child commented about the size discrepancy between a man of small stature such as Tom Cruise, playing the part of a character who in the thrillers, is six foot five and around 245 pounds? Just curious..."

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8062 comments Hi Jason,

I don't recall Lee Child speaking specifically to the difference between the character's size and Reacher's size, although he probably has. It would be an excellent question to pose in the chat.

I do remember him speaking more generally, or maybe responding to readers' outrage about Cruise playing this role. He said there are so many books that get optioned and never turned into films, that he was delighted when Cruise was attached because he has the reputation for being able to get films made. And so he has...