Kindle Scout discussion

How do you deal with the stress/worry of your book on Kindle Scout?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Greenwood Hey,

My campaign has 13 days left to go and the one thing the previous couple of weeks have taught me is that this whole thing is stressful! I'm constantly worried about how my book is doing!

So basically I decided that the best way to deal with it was to concentrate on a different book project and start writing that. It's working probably about 66% of the time! But I'm wondering how everybody else is coping?

message 2: by B. (new)

B. Fleetwood (bfleetwood) | 6 comments The campaign is exhausting and so stressful! Must be great to have some distractions - I just couldn't focus on writing at the same time, so good for you to have the discipline to do this.
I didn't sleep properly for the 30 days my book was up (Chroma: Imogen's Secret) - and either side. Despite a brilliant campaign, I was, sadly, not selected but have been preparing to self publish and should be there at some point in November.
Good luck to you - put on a link so people can see what you're offering.
B

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Greenwood I think it's only working because I already had the idea in my head and had kept meaning to start it! I've also signed up to take part in a writing tournament (it sounds fun and basically ends in a published co-authored book). I haven't been sleeping well either so I can completely understand! Just another month of stress & bad sleeping left (or less depending on how long they take to get back to me!)

Oh I think I nominated that (I'd have to double check), sorry you didn't get picked :-( But good luck with the launch.

This is my campaign here:
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/7NSV...

message 4: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 24 comments You can't spend any time worry about the Kindle Scout thing. It'll either happen or it won't, based upon whatever criteria their editors are using.
That said, I've nominated all the books I've found that are associated with people in this group (it couldn't hurt). So, if you want to return the favor, check mine out.
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1S9S...

message 5: by Carey (new)

Carey Lewis Well Bruce, feel free to nominate mine then hahaha! I've already had yours saved, and when I get a slot open, I'll be nominating it. It sounds like it's right up my alley.

Same with yours Laura, I have yours saved as well. I don't know what they're looking for either, but I think I'm doing like most and nominating the ones that are near the end so I can nominate as many as possible. I just promoted it the first day and haven't done it since (my numbers are abysmal!)

If you're interested, check out Warriors https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2IA3...

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Greenwood Hey Bruce & Carey, I do the same as you do Carey and save the ones I'm interested in so I can nominate all the ones I want! I already had both of your books saved too! And thank you for checking it out :-)

I know what you mean about abysmal numbers, I've had tweets, blog posts and facebook posts going out and I still seem to have rubbish numbers, but there's nothing I can really do now! I put a lot of myself into that book so I'm just going to have to hope it has what they want and isn't too niche!