Diversity in All Forms! discussion

Orphan Train
This topic is about Orphan Train
Monthly Bonus Reads > Orphan Train (November Bonus Read)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1408 comments Mod
Every month we will have a bonus read that people can participate in! The topic/theme will be about a holiday or an awareness day or month. Members and participates are allowed to vote and then suggest books for the topic/theme picked.

November's picked theme/topic is National Adoption Month. This month Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.

I am so excited for people to start reading this book! I loved it!!! Also, I have a lot of cool connections to the book, like my grandma was on the orphan train, that I'll talk about more when the discussion gets rolling :)

Shatara (lovepinkish) | 0 comments I enjoyed this book so much I may read again. It's been about 2 years since I last read it.

message 4: by Hillary (new) - added it

Hillary (vixxiearl) | 1 comments just placed a hold at my library to read the book . which i hope to be sometime soon . because i can't wait to read the book because i have not read it before .

Margitte This book made a profound impression on me. Reading books like these, remind us why Human Rights became such an important issue in this world. But apart from that, the book was also a deeply moving, wonderful story.

Shatara wrote: "I enjoyed this book so much I may read again. It's been about 2 years since I last read it."

I just read it this year and I'm considering reading it over again :)

Hillary wrote: "just placed a hold at my library to read the book . which i hope to be sometime soon . because i can't wait to read the book because i have not read it before ."

Yay! I am so excited for you to participate in the discussion :)

Margitte wrote: "This book made a profound impression on me. Reading books like these, remind us why Human Rights became such an important issue in this world. But apart from that, the book was also a deeply moving..."

I completely agree! And it is fascinating to learn about a time in USA history that is NEVER taught. Why aren't we learning this in school? I found that fascinating!

Book Club Questions:
1. On the surface, Vivian’s and Molly’s lives couldn’t be more different. In what ways are their stories similar?

Karen R Mariah wrote: "I am so excited for people to start reading this book! I loved it!!! Also, I have a lot of cool connections to the book, like my grandma was on the orphan train, that I'll talk about more when the ..."
Wow!

Jennifer | 3 comments I previously read this book and found it fascinating as I had no background knowledge regarding this historical topic. Great read!

Margitte It was certainly one of the best WWII books written. A different approach. That's what made it a star, for me at least.