Historical Fiction discussion

Storks in a Blue Sky
This topic is about Storks in a Blue Sky
books to read! > Storks in a Blue Sky by Carol Anne Dobson is free on Kindle.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Dobson | 11 comments Storks in a Blue Sky by Carol Anne Dobson is free on Kindle on Oct.21,22,23. It is a historical novel set in Alsace, France, and Devon, England in the 18th century. It is the winner of the 2009 David St John Thomas Fiction Award.
Sarah Durrant is an uneducated servant who takes the place of her mistress when she suddenly dies as they are travelling across the wilderness of Exmoor. Her life then becomes a tangle of love, deception and fear.

H.E. Bulstrode (goodreadscomhebulstrode) | 39 comments Carol wrote: "Storks in a Blue Sky by Carol Anne Dobson is free on Kindle on Oct.21,22,23. It is a historical novel set in Alsace, France, and Devon, England in the 18th century. It is the winner of the 2009 Dav..."

Thanks for letting us know Carol. I have downloaded your book and will post a review once I've had time to read it. You may be interested in my novelette/novella (as it's not completed yet it could veer into either category in terms of length) 'The Cleft Owl', a tale of the occult based upon fragmentary evidence relating to real events that took place in seventeenth-century Widecombe-in-the-Moor, which weaves together both historical personages and fictional characters. It is scheduled for publication in early February 2017.

message 3: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Dobson | 11 comments H.E. wrote: "Carol wrote: "Storks in a Blue Sky by Carol Anne Dobson is free on Kindle on Oct.21,22,23. It is a historical novel set in Alsace, France, and Devon, England in the 18th century. It is the winner o..."

Hi H.E. I'm always interested in books set in Devon, so look forward to the publication of 'The Cleft Owl'.

message 4: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Walker | 1 comments Hi Carol. Thanks for the tip. I have downloaded your book. It sounds intriguing.

Bonnye Reed (brf1948) | 30 comments Thanks, Carol - downloaded and will read and review soon. Appreciate it!