Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Delete books from my profile please :)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (last edited Oct 21, 2016 02:57AM) (new)

Ian Brodie | 3 comments Hi - I have a ton of books appearing on my profile from a couple of other (rather prolific) authors who share my name.

My profile is Ian Brodie

The books to delete from my profile are:

The Lord of the Rings Location Guidebook
Ian Brodie
Ian Brodie's New Zealand
The Hobbit Motion Picture Trilogy Location Guide: Hobbiton, the Lonely Mountain and Beyond
Cameras in Narnia: How The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Came to Life
The Last Battle
The Lord of the Rings Location Guidebook: Travel Diary
Friends Of The Court: The Privileging Of Interest Group Litigants In Canada
A Vulgar Art: A New Approach to Stand-Up Comedy
Old Trout Funnies: The Comic Origins of the Cape Breton Liberation Army
Middle-Earth Landscapes
A Journey Through New Zealand FilmSteamers Of The Forth
In the Heart of My Garden: An Intimate Look at Central Otago's Gardens
The Cumbria Coastal Way
Middle-Earth New Zealand
Lancashire Coastal Way and the Wyre Way
Warbirds Over Wanaka: The Official Record of the 2008 Airshow
The Alpine Fighter Collection's Hurricane Mk IiaSteamers of the Tay
Queensferry Passage
Innovative Wood Drying - Applying Microwave and Solar Technologies to Wood Drying
Scottish Masculine Given Names: List of Scottish Gaelic Given Names, Norman, Ian, Brodie, Grant, Kyle, Gordon, Ross, Fergus, Roy, Aulay
Thirlmere: and the Emergence of the Landscape Protection Movement
Norman Nicholson's Nature
Walks Around Furness And The DuddonWalking from Garstang and in WyresdaleWalking from Garstang
The Cumbria Coastal Way: Morecambe Bay To The Solway Firth
Walking From Garstang
The Cumbria Coastal Way: A Walker's GuideFolklore Of Nova Scotia
Channeling Wonder: Fairy Tales on TelevisionLearning to Sail: The Annapolis Sailing School Guide for All Ages
Cameras in Narnia: How The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe came to life
Business Applications of Information Technology and Decision Making WI
Understanding and Influencing Social Work and Social Care Organisations: A Practitioner's Guide
Channeling Wonder: Fairy Tales on TelevisionRocks and Minerals in Thin Section, Second Edition: A Colour Atlas

Thanks!

Ian

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments Ian, as you say there are a ton of books. And as you have the default Ian Brodie (ie only 1 space between your names) you will continually get more of these authors books on your profile.

I suggest you contact support @ goodreads (dot) com and have them move you to another profile to avoid all these books being dumped on you.

I also suggest that you tell them which books are yours and they can move them for you.

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian Brodie | 3 comments OK - will contact support - though to be honest the reason I posted here is because that's what the instructions say to do :)

Thanks

Ian

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments Yes, and usually we'd leap to do the moving. However, I can see this could be a large ongoing problem & in those cases we refer the authors on to support :)

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian Brodie | 3 comments Got it. Though hopefully the other authors won't write so many books in future ;)