Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 60K contemporary fiction set in 1990's London

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim Bisset | 1 comments Hi there,

I'm looking for a beta reader for a completed first novel. It's a fictionalised account inspired by real events in London in 1995, focusing in the worlds of politics, the media and the music scene.
A (brief) bit of background below.

Thanks!

Tim

This novel is set in London during the Spring and Summer of 1995. The action takes place in the worlds of politics and the music industry, against the backdrop of New Labour and the momentum of the Britpop music scene. The novel captures the new confidence of the mid 1990’s, and pre-empts the doomed “Cool Britannia” culture. It deals with Labour’s move to the centre ground, its re-branding and obsessional relationship with the media, as well as their focus on presentation and style over content. The novel reflects the hedonism and youthful optimism of the times, but also depicts the alienation and loneliness that life in the capital brings. A major theme is how the idealism of the times was essentially a surface idealism masking a degree of paranoia and over confidence. It shows how personal ambition, politics and London’s media machine collide to compromise ideals, morals and relationships.

message 2: by Ana Paula (new)

Ana Paula (thebookcrate) | 5 comments Tim wrote: "Hi there,

I'm looking for a beta reader for a completed first novel. It's a fictionalised account inspired by real events in London in 1995, focusing in the worlds of politics, the media and the m..."

Hello Tom! Your novel sounds really good, I just have a few questions: How long is it? When would you need the feedbacks for? What ages is the novel for?