Kuro: A Land in Eternal Night (Semi-Advanced) discussion

Orientation > Questions/Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 288 (288 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 2076 comments Mod
Ask em

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Do I request a character and rank in the Character Availability (Ranks and Species) thread?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you make a character workshop for the charries that are works in progress please?

{[KoMiKo]}~Get up, wipe those tears, open your eyes, step out, move from where you are to where you need to be~♡ wrote: "Do I request a character and rank in the Character Availability (Ranks and Species) thread?"

Yea man

ShikamaruForever -|Peaches and cream~Sweeter than sweet|- wrote: "Can you make a character workshop for the charries that are works in progress please?"

no problem

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) wrote: "{[KoMiKo]}~Get up, wipe those tears, open your eyes, step out, move from where you are to where you need to be~♡ wrote: "Do I request a character and rank in the Character Availability (Ranks and S..."

Kk, coolio

message 8: by Megamanlan (new)

Megamanlan | 5 comments Can I have a Yokai or Yokai/Human mix that has a unique power? (Such as needing to feed on human lifeforces and in doing so turns them into statues?)

Megamanlan wrote: "Can I have a Yokai or Yokai/Human mix that has a unique power? (Such as needing to feed on human lifeforces and in doing so turns them into statues?)"

Well the Okasabe are human/yokai mixes and you have to request that. But if you want to make a yokai that's vampiric and turns people into statues then you can man. Though if you're looking to make a new yokai, I'd suggest you go and fill out the format for the yokai in the availability folder.

message 10: by Megamanlan (new)

Megamanlan | 5 comments I was thinking something like a succubus that has that kind of weird way of feeding. Would that be okay?

The only species of yokai remotely close to succubi are the Amabie and the Enenra.
If you want to make a new species of yokai then again, I'd advise you to go and fill out the format on the availability thread, otherwise it's an undocumented type of yokai and wouldn't really make sense within the group.

message 12: by Megamanlan (new)

Megamanlan | 5 comments I saw Succubus in the list of Yokai...

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

There are no succubi on the list. The Amabie are the closest to that, and even then they're a lot more like sea sirens.

message 14: by Megamanlan (new)

Megamanlan | 5 comments My bad, I was basically meaning that.

Oh well then yea. If you want to maybe mix it up then that's totally fine.

message 16: by Megamanlan (new)

Megamanlan | 5 comments Awesome

message 17: by Ahana~ (new)

Ahana~  (kingahana) Can I make humans with powers?

message 18: by ✡ Nebiros ✡ (last edited Oct 25, 2016 11:25AM) (new)

✡ Nebiros ✡ (ammamomaoolvmalpirgvrelp) This is just a personal thing, but im like devastated; why there's no susanoo on the god list. ;-; Seems like a perfect fit since in lore, he's the brother of the goddess that went in hiding on this group.

αrкayy wrote: "This is just a personal thing, but im like devastated; why there's no susanoo on the god list. ;-; Seems like a perfect fit since in lore, he's the brother of the goddess that went in hiding on thi..."

I'm not really done with the lore of the group. And I'm not too savvy when it comes to Shinto mythology either. I'll look into it. The gods here have all been picked because they fit their respective species. Calypso with the Kawakos, Tsukiyama with the Okami. It's not nearly done, and if you have suggestions for gods I'd appreciate them.

♧Ahana♧ ◇I’ll sing with all my heart, if you say you can hear my voice ◇ wrote: "Can I make humans with powers?"

Humans don't necessarily have powers. Some can be psychic I suppose, it would make sense. Others can have the soul of a yokai trapped within them. Especially when it comes to kitsunes.

message 21: by ✡ Nebiros ✡ (new)

✡ Nebiros ✡ (ammamomaoolvmalpirgvrelp) The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) wrote: "αrкayy wrote: "This is just a personal thing, but im like devastated; why there's no susanoo on the god list. ;-; Seems like a perfect fit since in lore, he's the brother of the goddess that went i..."

Nah it was just a silly nit pick. Susanoo is just a personal favorite when it comes to shinto lore, as well as izanami and izanagi. I just more so pointed it out because you have many related to him.

I'm just kinda heavily invested in mythos of all sort (and my SMT addiction does not help in the slightest.)

I mean if you like him so much I can reserve him for you. I'd just need to come up with a species of yokai that'd fit with him.

message 23: by ✡ Nebiros ✡ (new)

✡ Nebiros ✡ (ammamomaoolvmalpirgvrelp) The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) wrote: "I mean if you like him so much I can reserve him for you. I'd just need to come up with a species of yokai that'd fit with him."

Not necessary but appreciated ~

Idk. Not sure what sort of beings you want to be canon to the group.

I mean it doesn't really matter as long as they don't have the power to tear holes into time and spice.

message 25: by ✡ Nebiros ✡ (new)

✡ Nebiros ✡ (ammamomaoolvmalpirgvrelp) The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) wrote: "I mean it doesn't really matter as long as they don't have the power to tear holes into time and spice."

Spice? X3 Not the dreaded pumpkin spice!

LMAO I MEANT SPACE BUT SHIT THOSE SPICE POWERS I DUNNO

message 27: by ✡ Nebiros ✡ (new)

✡ Nebiros ✡ (ammamomaoolvmalpirgvrelp) THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM EVERY CHARACTER EVER! No one must control the forbidden spice! The ability to make amazing cuisine is too overwhelming!

Ghost~still Luna~ | 101 comments Excuse me but do you think a collaboration thread for those wishing to make characters together that are intertwined somehow through history and such is possible? or is it already made?

Sure man I'll make it

Ghost~still Luna~ | 101 comments The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) wrote: "Sure man I'll make it"

Thank you!

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ ❛ ᴼʳᶤᵍᶤᶰᵃˡ ᴿᵉᵇᵉˡ ❜ wrote: "Hello, I just joined and so I have a few questions that I would appreciate if a moderator could take a moment to clarify for me;

( 1 ) Face claims, only anime is allowed yes?

( 2 ) If so, would i..."

1. Real life face claims are allowed. The majority of people on here typically use anime though, including myself.

2. That's perfectly fine man

3. The personalities are sort of default, expectations/stereotypes, but I encourage that you change that and make your character your own. They're just tendencies, patterns among the species that can easily be broken.

4. You don't need to have a rank no. You could just delete that part of the template and it'd be fine. Some people have done it before. Rank is just a place in society, some characters don't have one.

5. The one every twenty characters policy is kinda confusing, I'll change it, but essentially it means that once twenty characters have been made in the group itself, like, collectively, I'll add another one of those species for availability. And if you make two non requestables, you make request up to five requestables. It's more so to make sure that people are devoted and active rather than just to balance population.

7. I'd say something along the lines of 3100, it isn't our world.

8. It had another name before Amaterasu died, but the inhabitants renamed the world Kuro and split it up into districts after all of the lights went out.

9. Well I've gone back and checked and there's only about two characters that didn't have power levels and one of those was mine (fixed that sorry). Sometimes people forget. Usually I'm pretty lenient on it because I guess I'm just chill and also because rarely do characters ever get into full blown fist fights. Okamis typically have powers related to strength. They can transform into full okami form, half okami form, human form. Rarely do they half mind powers or crazy elemental powers. Maybe minor telekinesis.

10. Hm, they'd probably be just as sensitive as the other animal yokai. Which is to say 6/10. It irritates them and drains their energy.

11. If they're rogues they wouldn't really have a social class.

12. The Ice Kingdom experiences a harsh winter. The Rain Kingdom experiences, well a lot of rain. It's usually real cloudy there. The Dust Kingdom is really windy but it's the warmest district. The Crime Kingdom is the clearest of all of them but due to pollution there's a slight smog. Nash Island typically has a tropical like air to it and then there's an unnamed island that the natives just call "No Man's Land". It's the darkest of all districts and is the only surface haven that's safe for yokai. It's got a moderate temperature but it's mildly cold.

No problem bro, I'll actually add these questions to the plot, they're really good.

Of course I credited you though. Thanks.

YEA ACTUALLY

I'm making this new species called Banshee, they'll be vampiristic yokai who are ironically immune to the light spheres. They can scream really loud and disorient their targets. They'll probably be able to hypnotize people as well.

You don't need to request ranks specifically. Unless they're Kings or Queens. Otherwise you can make a prince or princess, or just a noble, as long as you give a good explanation.

Depends on the level of concentration. If they're really angry they're clothes rip right off, but if they're not angry they can meld the clothes.

Ghost~still Luna~ | 101 comments I am truly sorry to pester the mods with this question but:
Would it be okay if for example I were to use one of my face claims actual names if I am having trouble coming up with one for the character I am creating?

Thats fine

1. Neither. They're their own separate species of people that can be perceived as monsters due to their cultural differences compared to humans. I don't think I would ever categorize them as monsters.

2. They're weapons. They'd slice the person open, but rather than slicing their physical body, they'd slice directly into their soul, which would release a cinematic record that they would capture within their scythes, reviewing them as they reap. They'd then bring their scythes back to Purgatory (A place similar to a void, essentially a pocket dimension that they have access to), and they'd store the souls within the library of cinematic records.

If people kill themselves before their appointed death date, there is no one available to reap their souls, and thus Izanami takes them, and turns them into reapers.

Uneducated humans would likely see them as monsters that can turn into people.

Yes but it is rare that one can hold more than three. The reaper would have to be extremely experienced in the craft. Each reaper would go through about a year's training after committing suicide at an academy within purgatory, where they would learn the basics of reaping.

-Don't tell the target when they'll die
-Don't tell anyone when they'll die
-Limit communication with mortals
-Always keep your glasses on hand (Reapers are typically near sighted)
-Never share a cinematic record with anyone else but yourself

Wow that sounded like I called you uneducated SORRY
I meant like, humans in the roleplay that only listen to stories and such
I hope this isn't all really overwhelming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN19E...

I got the idea from Black Butler, this video pretty much sums up what happens. They open the soul, watch the cinematic record as it's being sucked into the scythe, and then fill out paperwork later on. If you've ever seen black butler that really helps too.

http://dubbedanime.online/black-butle...

19:35
This is a really great description of what they are
and you could watch them online, Kissanime

Are you watching it on chrome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3SuV...
1:25
Shows an actual reaping taking place. Reapers can go invisible in front of people if they'd like.

It's on youtube so it might work.

I'd imagine it to be yea. And that's good, I was trying to find a visual representation. It's a bit difficult to explain through words.

Coben [Arming the strong, aiding the weak] | 100 comments Hey! New to the group, but I was wondering if there were hybrids of Yokai species. Specifically Banshee and Enenra.

Coben [Arming the strong, aiding the weak] wrote: "Hey! New to the group, but I was wondering if there were hybrids of Yokai species. Specifically Banshee and Enenra."

There are. Those are just hybrid. They're slightly more accepted than the Osakabe, of whom are generally despised by both humans and yokai.

Coben [Arming the strong, aiding the weak] | 100 comments Cool, thanks. No request necessary I assume?

Nah man, I try to keep the majority of the species open for creating, otherwise it just gets tedious. Any hybrid is fine.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6