Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

2017 Archives > 2017 Ashley Marie Nestler Fantasy Author Showcase

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jin (new)

Jin (jinokubo)

Ashley Marie Nestler (N.M. Aaroones) Ashley Marie Nestler (N.M. Aaroones)
Long ago the world suffered a terrible war, leaving behind only a select few hundred people. Believing that strong emotions fueled the war, those who survived created a town named Lunamoon, where each new human would be altered to be unable to feel emotion. They decide to choose only one man in each generation to be named the dream maker and he would create dreams for everyone to tell them what their jobs and life outcomes would be.
The dream maker is able to live in solitude for the duration of his life, but the moment that the current dream maker is born, everything changes. Shawneleigh, a premature child who was born with narcolepsy on the same day as the dream maker, lives on her own in the hospital. Through her sporadic sleeping spells and the connection they made at birth, she and the dream maker are able to connect through her dreams. They become friends and then fall in love. Beautiful Nightmare is a tale of love and faith, showing how we can stand up for ourselves, while standing against those who want others to fail. For through it all, in the end, there is love.

Beautiful Nightmare: Some Dreams Become Your Reality

message 2: by A. (last edited Apr 08, 2017 12:28PM) (new)

A. M. Nestler (amnestler) | 110 comments Join my email list to receive a FREE ebook of Beautiful Nightmare!

Join Email List

SATURDAY
- Into The Fog Character Showcase
- Into The Fog Excerpt

Hello, Everyone!

Welcome to my little literary corner of the convention. My name is Ashley Nestler, and I am the author of "Beautiful Nightmare" - which was published when I was eighteen - "Into The Fog", and "Behind Broken Glass Walls". I am also the owner and creator of the subscription book boxes Literary Vacation Club and Hedren's Chest, which you can read more about below! I also run the blog Peachy Keen Reviews where I review books, host blog tours, review subscription boxes, and teach about the publishing and writing processes! I can't wait to get to know you all more as you accompany me through the different activities that I have planned for you, and please do not be afraid to leave me any questions or comments, and I will make sure to get back to you!

Much love,

Ashley Nestler

PURCHASE BEAUTIFUL NIGHTMARE HERE

What if your true love was only present in your dreams?

In the dystopian town of Lunamoon, everything is structured. Humans are created by science and everyone is programmed to follow certain regulations; but one girl, Shawneleigh, never lived up to the Council’s regulations. Shawneleigh has the disorder of narcolepsy, a disorder that causes her to fall asleep at random times without warning. Because of her illness, the Council banned her to life in a hospital since she cannot be counted on fulfill other duties. Lunamoonians all receive prophecies for their lives through dreams that the Dream Maker sends to them, but Shawneleigh hadn’t received a dream in years until she found herself falling into a dream during her sleeping spells. It is during these spells that she meets a man named August who claims to be the Dream Maker himself. He also lives in solitude outside of Lunamoon, and they begin to form a bond; however, Shawneleigh cannot control when she falls asleep, and soon August finds a way to manipulate her illness. The only problem is that when he manipulates her sleeping disorder, she continues to grow sicker. But no matter how hard they try, they can’t stay away from one another. “Beautiful Nightmare: Some Dreams Become Your Reality” is novel about love, life, and the importance of those who care about you. Love, above all else, is the best thing that we have to give.

A murder, a choice, and an eternal destiny. Welcome to the untold story of sixteenth century England.

Darielle couldn't be happier and more in love with her fiancé, Prince Tarum, until the eve of their wedding announcement when Tarum is murdered. Following the tragedy, Darielle is thrown into a life filled with despair as strangers enter the Tower and change her way of life. However, she begins to find herself drawn to Harlisisle, the new guard for Queen Estelle. Something about him makes her feel as though she has known him before. This attraction ends up unraveling past events in her life that she had long forgotten, and she soon discovers the true circumstances surrounding Tarum’s murder. The truth makes her question the love that she once had for people that she thought she knew. 'Into The Fog' is a roller coaster ride of historical romance and fantasy elements that will keep you on the edge of your seat and asking only one question:

What if death isn't an ending, but a beginning?

BOOK TRAILERS
Into The Fog Trailer

Darielle and Harlisisle Trailer

Darielle and Tarum Trailer

The Electrocies from Into The Fog Trailer

message 3: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments Glad to see you here, Ashley!

message 4: by A. (last edited Apr 08, 2017 12:30PM) (new)

A. M. Nestler (amnestler) | 110 comments INTO THE FOG PROLOGUE SNEAK PEEK

DARIELLE could feel herself changing, but it wasn’t because of the child that was growing inside of her. What she was feeling now was far too powerful.
She walked into the woods past the stone archway that separated the trees from the Tower, allowing her long gown to drag in the mud behind her. As she looked down at her body she found that she couldn’t recognize herself. The sapphire and gold gown that she was wearing now was the last article of clothing that she should have chosen to wear. She undid the laces on the bodice and stepped out of it, leaving her crème colored underdress as the only clothing to conceal her. The fog claimed her body as she continued on, but she wouldn’t let it steal the freedom she felt inside.
Once she reached the clearing, she stopped. Standing in front of her were Lamia Hecate, Addanc, Sebastian and Nessora – the being who had once been her friend, Varity. They all looked at her with expectance. Lamia’s icy eyes pierced through her flesh, a smile pulling at the stern lines of her lips.
“Darielle, are you ready?” she asked, her words a statement instead of a question. Darielle put her hands to her abdomen and took in a deep breath as she shifted her eyes to Addanc. He could see right through her and the baby she was carrying; however, she now belonged to him regardless of who the baby’s father was. She stepped closer to him, but Lamia Hecate came towards her first. She grabbed Darielle’s hand and pulled her deeper into the forest.
Once they had reached the clearing where Darielle would be changed, Lamia Hecate turned to her and took Darielle’s face in her hands, piercing Darielle’s skin with long, sharp nails.
“You are a part of us now, Darielle. You must understand that you can never go back.”
Darielle nodded and Lamia Hecate let go, leaving small red marks in Darielle’s pale skin. She should have felt pain, but she didn’t. Her anxiety numbed everything. She looked over at Addanc, Sebastian and Nessora before she closed her eyes and zoned them out. Lamia Hecate was the only person she allowed into her vision as she reopened them, and a small smile bloomed across her lips. Her smile matched Lamia Hecate’s, but none of them could see the intentions behind her it.
“I am where I need to be.”

message 5: by A. (last edited Feb 27, 2017 02:05PM) (new)

A. M. Nestler (amnestler) | 110 comments Ashley Nestler is also the CEO of:

- Literary Vacation Club - a monthly subscription that sends out lesser known novels and items to tantalize all 5 senses and create a 4D reading experience

-Hedren's Chest - a bimonthly box that sends out lesser known horror novels and small business horror accessories.

*All proceeds from these boxes help Ashley to sponsor Knitted Knockers, an organization that supports women with breast cancer.*

Use code "WELCOME10" to receive 10% off of your first box from Literary Vacation Club and/or your first box from Hedren's Chest!

SUBSCRIBE TO LITERARY VACATION CLUB

SUBSCRIBE TO HEDREN'S CHEST

READ ABOUT KNITTED KNOCKERS HERE

message 6: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments Your covers look so nice and Beautiful Nightmare sounds soooo good. I really want to read it now

message 7: by A. (new)

A. M. Nestler (amnestler) | 110 comments Maddy wrote: "Your covers look so nice and Beautiful Nightmare sounds soooo good. I really want to read it now"

Thank you very much, Maddy! If you give me your email, I would be happy to send over a PDF, epub, or mobi copy of your choosing :)

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Apan (tiffanyapan) | 76 comments Stopping in to say hi. :)

message 9: by A. (new)

A. M. Nestler (amnestler) | 110 comments Tiffany wrote: "Stopping in to say hi. :)"

Hi, lovely! <3

message 10: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments Ashley wrote: "Maddy wrote: "Your covers look so nice and Beautiful Nightmare sounds soooo good. I really want to read it now"

Thank you very much, Maddy! If you give me your email, I would be happy to send over..."

Really? Thank you so much! I'll PM you shortly!

message 11: by A. (new)

A. M. Nestler (amnestler) | 110 comments Maddy wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Maddy wrote: "Your covers look so nice and Beautiful Nightmare sounds soooo good. I really want to read it now"

Thank you very much, Maddy! If you give me your email, I would be hap..."

You are very welcome!

Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS)

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

A.M. Nestler, MSW (other topics)