YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
This topic is about Prince Caspian
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia (Publication Order) #2) by C.S. Lewis - Restarting July 4th 2019

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Looking forward to reading this. Thanks for buddy reading it with me, Leah :D

Leah | 2146 comments Chapter 1: I already know I don't like Susan as much as the other three. She's such a downer. I like her less in this book than I did in the first one. I still like Lucy though. She's the most likable. Also, I really liked the way they got back to Narnia. (view spoiler) All of them freaking out made me laugh. Although, if I were in that situation, I probably would have been laughing out of fear not amusement.

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments I'm starting today. Ugh. Time got away from me last week. :/

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 5%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 30%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Leah wrote: "Chapter 1: I already know I don't like Susan as much as the other three. She's such a downer. I like her less in this book than I did in the first one. I still like Lucy though. She's the most lika..."

I LOVED the way they got pulled back to Narnia! That was such a cool scene!! :D:D

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 60%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 91%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Finished

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments Melanie wrote: "60%

[spoilers removed]"

That was pretty cool. I didn't expect that when I read it the first time, and I forgot about it until I reread it.

message 12: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments Melanie wrote: "91%

[spoilers removed]"

I liked Reepicheep. He was funny. I thought he had a bigger part in this book, but that was only wishful thinking on my part.

message 13: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments Melanie wrote: "Finished

[spoilers removed]"

I was sad about (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84142 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting December 1st 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Through chapter 2. Nothing's happened much so far. I think(view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Bellatrix *The Amazon Star* wrote: "Chapters 1-4:

Sorry I didn't update earlier, I couldn't post this weekend :(

I'm enjoying the story so far. My favourite character is Lucy because she's very energetic and bright for a little gi..."

Mine too! Loved that chapter. What an interesting tale. I'm interested to see how (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Lucy was my favourite in the first book. She is sweet and lively and so clever. I'm excited for the 9th chapter now. I like Edmund a bit in this book, too. (D.L.F. lol).

Chapter 5-8. (view spoiler)

Bella, I had thought at least half (if not most) of the story would be all Prince Caspian's tale (also, the title), until the kids (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Bellatrix *The Amazon Star* wrote: "Chapters 5&6: I'm really enjoying this story. I'm glad this two chapters follow Caspian's story, it's exciting to read how he prepares war against his uncle. I want him to meet the Pevensie sibilin..."

I suspect we'd be seeing (view spoiler)

Bellatrix *The Amazon Star* wrote: "Chapters 7&8:

I knew the horn would be used to call the Pevensie siblings!!! It's great to know that they're finally meeting Caspian and helping him with the war. I loved that it was Trumpkin who ..."

I liked the (view spoiler) too. Cool reveal.

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Finished yesterday.(view spoiler)

message 20: by Maria (last edited Dec 11, 2018 09:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Bellatrix *The Amazon Star* wrote: "@Maria: [spoilers removed]

Chapters 9&10: These were my favourite chapters so far! Lucy was the main protagonist in these and she was awesome. I loved the dancing trees scene, it was so magical an..."

That's exactly what I think, too! A major reason for why she is my favourite is that she the most imagination out of all of them. She was amazing. Brave, faithful Lucy. Having faith in him when others thought her silly.

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments I loved that scene too! (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Bellatrix *The Amazon Star* wrote: "Chapters 13-15: These last chapters were really good! I liked that Peter chose Glenstorm as one of his marshals because he's very wise and probably very strong too, so he's perfect for the job. The..."

The scene with (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84142 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting July 4th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments I'm up to Chapter 4.

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments Chapters 1-4:
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments I like that, too. It's weird how the magic works there.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments I'm up to Chapter 8.

(view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments Leah wrote: "Chapters 1-4:
[spoilers removed]"

I was never a big fan of that dwarf.

message 29: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments Chapters 5-8:
(view spoiler)

message 30: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments He hasn't bothered me yet, but there are a lot of beings to keep track of now.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments I'm up to Chapter 12.

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments Chapters 9-12:
(view spoiler)

message 33: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments I'm glad he's back. He's my favorite character.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments I'm finished.

(view spoiler)

message 35: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments Chapters 13-15:
(view spoiler)

message 36: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2146 comments This is very different from the movie. I like this better. There is less action, but it's much shorter.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments Leah wrote: "This is very different from the movie. I like this better. There is less action, but it's much shorter."

I actually think I feel the opposite...lol. I wish there was more going on.