Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2)
This topic is about The Well of Ascension
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Well of Ascension

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (last edited Oct 20, 2016 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments WARNING: SPOILERS FROM THE FIRST BOOK: THE FINAL EMPIRE. I made a topic in case someone wants to write stuff. I think me and jarek are both reading this now... I don't know if this is the right way to make a topic...

Eric | 101 comments I'm on chapter four. It's nice to see Sazed as a viewpoint character, I wanted to learn more about him and how ferulchemy works. I wonder if the mists are actually the deepness and they just "won" and spread everywhere. I guess the Lord ruler was keeping them in check somehow but now that he's dead it's growing stronger and appearing In the day. I think he was using the atium to do that but I'm not sure how.

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Eric wrote: "I don't know if this is the right way to make a topic...
"

You did it correctly. :) In most cases, if it's wrong, Scott or I will change it so don't worry about the formatting too much.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Iam up to chapter 10 now. Sazed is an awesome character:) and I get the feeling he will be crutial later on. Then there's the whole watcher thing...i have no clue here. The mists do seem to play a bigger role here. PS Kel....why the fuck did u go and do what you did?!? I can really feel his absence in this one and it pisses me off:D

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments By the way marsh is awesome as an inquisitor:)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Possible spoiler up to chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Just finished part 1. (view spoiler) Overall the Kandra are so weird to me and creepy as hell...what do you think eric? I mean they are just disgusting in what they do but interesting nontheless

message 8: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Jarek you're on the right track to figuring something out. I didn't until right as the unveil happened and then I thought oh you idiot. Sanderson does a great job of hinting and masking.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Yes he does. I remember from the stormlight books:D

message 10: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Jarek "the Mistborn" wrote: "Just finished part 1. [spoilers removed] Overall the Kandra are so weird to me and creepy as hell...what do you think eric? I mean they are just disgusting in what they do but interesting nontheless"

I love the Kandra, but yes, the concept is a bit creepy.

message 11: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments Jarek "the Mistborn" wrote: "Just finished part 1. [spoilers removed] Overall the Kandra are so weird to me and creepy as hell...what do you think eric? I mean they are just disgusting in what they do but interesting nontheless"

Yea they seem creepy but I really don't like the way vin treats Oreseur.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments One hand she doesn't trim him well but on the other he did eat kel...i mean I can just imagine what that does to her psyche

Tammie | 4208 comments Jarek "the Mistborn" wrote: "Iam up to chapter 10 now. Sazed is an awesome character:) and I get the feeling he will be crutial later on. Then there's the whole watcher thing...i have no clue here. The mists do seem to play a ..."

I loved Sazed.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Maze just appeared. Very interesting guy I have to say:) and the colossus....damn!;) this is getting
more and more complicated plot wise. Iam lovin it:D

message 15: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments I finished part one. Yea I miss kelsier. So can all Kandra not harm people or is that only in OreSeurs contract?

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments I think it depends on the contract they sign

message 17: by Eric (last edited Oct 23, 2016 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments Oh actually it said it's for every kandra.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments They are a mysterious speeches

message 19: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments Have you read any of the annotations?

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments No I didn't. After I finish the book I might read them though:)

message 21: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments I'm on 19 and we'll (view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Iam up to part 3 so far and the plot thickens. Iam feeling breeze and /or sazed will play a big role here

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Oh yes and I really like Oresur:D just sayin'

message 24: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments Being a mistborn or misting is genetic right? (view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Holy shit I haven't thought of that!!

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Oresur is the greatest

message 27: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments Wow you already finished Jarek. What did you think of it overall? I'm about half way through. I just had a chapter with that ska merchant.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments I couldn't stop reading and iam already 30%into the hero of ages:D
Overall...freaking amazing. The last 20% is just unbelievable. By the end I changed my view on certain characters 180 degrees for the better. The stuff that happens...holy shit:) keep reading Eric you will love it ;)

message 29: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments I'm 65% done. I'm glad it was mentioned how in the first book Clubs originally walked out of their meeting because he didn't want his emotions soothed by Breeze. That has really bothered me because he is a smoker so it shouldn't affect him.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments The good stuff is coming up:)

message 31: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments I've been busy with school but I just got to the last part. Part five was (view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments If you think this book is awesome wait for the hero of ages:D

message 33: by Eric (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric | 101 comments How do you rank the three? And I think I will read warbreaker first and then the last one because I will be too sad when I finish it so I want to wait and make it last longer.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments I loved all of them. The well of ascension dragged just a little bit somewhere in the middle but it wasn't that bad. I gave all 3 5 stars. Now iam finishing the shadows of self and its also really really good. It takes a bit to get used to the new surrounding and characters but when you do they are awesome. Especially Wayne:D ill be starting warbreaker in a buddy read on the 22nd cant wait:D

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments And then the bands of mourning. That will be cosmere up to date I think for me:)

message 36: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob | 159 comments I may be a few months late but I'm starting this one tonight. I MUST know what happens after The Final Empire! :D

Hacen | 883 comments Enjoy!