Goodreads Secret Santa discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 Secret Santa > 2016 PRESENTS!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 191 (191 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (thatgirlbookworm) | 500 comments Mod
This thread is to post what you received for Secret Santa when you open your gift!! This way people can keep track of when to reveal themselves to the person they had!

message 2: by Mel (new)

Opening the presents folder because I know that 2 people have already received :D

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Wow! That was fast! What's everyone else going to do? Open their book right away or wait for Christmas?

message 4: by Mel (new)

Depending when I get it, likely right away. If it's like the 20th or something I'll try to wait for Christmas Eve but yeah I'm impatient lol

message 5: by Mel (new)

I love when you all start getting gifts, I get to delete emails LOL

message 6: by EnglishElle (new)

EnglishElle | 32 comments Wow! That's amazing it arrived so fast! I will be anxiously awaiting for my Secret Santa pick to post on here now. I swear this group is making me a mailbox lurker. Haha!

I love cleaning my inbox, Mel! I bet that is a nice feeling, especially since you probably have over 50 emails from us. :D

message 7: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes (sadiegator) Mine arrived today! I'm going to hold off on opening it though!! I want to make it until Christmas Eve but I might lose my self control before then! But I will let you know what I got when I decide to open it. Thank you Mel for hosting Secret Santa again this year. I can only think of how hard this must be to organize!

message 8: by Dalar (new)

Dalar P | 20 comments Mine arrived today as well! I got Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana.

message 9: by Tyler Leigh (new)

Tyler Leigh | 11 comments Just got an email that one book was shipped today. It looks like my SS will be getting two packages to open :)

message 10: by Mel (new)

BD always sends books separated it's great.

message 11: by Ashley Breanna (new)

Ashley Breanna (ashleybreanna13) I am going to wait until Christmas Eve, but I am excited!

message 12: by TL (last edited Dec 06, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

TL  | 100 comments Got mine today... opened it early by accident because I was expecting other stuff too.. hehe oops.

Got 'This is Not the End' by Jesse Jordan... thank you my Secret Santa! :) *big hugs and cookies*

message 13: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 56 comments Mine arrived early too! I couldn't resist. A gorgeous hardcover of Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard

I may be able to sneak in a reread before Windwitch shows up next month now :D YAY!

message 14: by TL (last edited Dec 06, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

TL  | 100 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Mine arrived early too! I couldn't resist. A gorgeous hardcover of Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard

I may be able to sneak in a reread before Windwitch shows up next month now :D YAY!"

nice:)

message 15: by Mel (new)

You guys are lucky!! im so impatient LOL

message 17: by Steph (new)

Steph | 39 comments Came home from a slightly crummy day to my present! I got My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier and a super cute bookmark. I've never heard of the book before (I decided to do generic genres this year) but it sounds like something I'll really enjoy.

Thank you, Secret Santa, whoever you are! :)

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura Hope the book made your day a bit better Steph!

My two books that I ordered have been shipped! Woot, Woot! Keep checking your mail everyone!

message 19: by Mel (new)

I hope you enjoy it Steph!! About 7 people are already getting gifts!! Can't wait myself

message 20: by Sruthi (new)

Sruthi (sruthi_me) | 5 comments I just received my gift. Like literally just now! :D
I got The Final Empire - Mistborn #1 by Brandon Sanderson.

Oh my! Have wanted this book for so long. Can't wait to start reading it. Thank you soooo much, my secret Santa, whoever you are! :D

message 21: by Sruthi (new)

Sruthi (sruthi_me) | 5 comments Aha.. I just noticed that my book is from MaryJane. Thank you so much! You just made my day. Happy holidays! ^_^

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* (karly-thevampireninja) *pouts* *is impatient*

It's snowing here today, and everything looks Christmasy!!!

message 23: by Jade (new)

Jade (jdthebooklion) | 6 comments I haven't gotten my package yet, but I'm so excited to get my hands on it! I hope my pairing loves the book I got them!

message 24: by Mel (new)

I'm excited for book depository orders to arrive

message 25: by EnglishElle (new)

EnglishElle | 32 comments Me too! I saw my book depository order shipped near the end of last week. The suspense is starting to kill me! lol.

message 26: by Mel (new)

My gift shipped out early! I hope the person likes it

message 27: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Tattersall (mothgender) | 22 comments I've been stalking the tracking info for the past couple days, checking to see how close it's getting to its destination.

message 28: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments my SS's gift is scheduled to arrive tomorrow... hope she likes the book :) I added the book I got them to my amazon wishlist haha, it sounded really good.

message 29: by Mel (last edited Dec 12, 2016 04:08PM) (new)

So I received my gift today!! My Secret Santa was Katie and she sent me such a lovely gift!! She sent me a signed copy of The Raven King by Maggie Steifvater and a whole bunch of amazing New York souvenirs! This was the motivation I needed to finally read book 3 of this series.

Thanks so much for the gift Katie!!! It was such an amazing gift!

message 30: by maria helena (new)

maria helena (mariahel) | 10 comments I received my gift today, but I'm gonna try and wait to open it until Christmas.

message 31: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn | 31 comments I got mine!

message 32: by Angelique (new)

Angelique I got mine too! But I'm sorry, I couldn't wait for Christmas so I opened mine. Santa gave me Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston , which seems an interesting read for the holidays. So thank you to whoever my secret Santa is.

message 33: by Ree (new)

Ree (penderghost) I don't know how anyone manages to have the self-control to wait till Christmas to open their gift... I would be way too impatient :D

message 34: by Aude (new)

Aude Neste | 19 comments Got mine as well! Waiting for Christmas now!

message 35: by Tyler Leigh (new)

Tyler Leigh | 11 comments Seeing everyone get their presents is making me really excited/anxious to get mine. Also, for my SS to receive theirs!

message 36: by Leanne (new)

Leanne Riley (leasloveofbooks) | 3 comments I just got mine I'm so excited I haven't opened it yet but there was a lovely note attached to the gift bag which is a gorgeous bag, thank you so much SS.

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* (karly-thevampireninja) Tyler Leigh wrote: "Seeing everyone get their presents is making me really excited/anxious to get mine. Also, for my SS to receive theirs!"

SAME!

message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly I can't wait to get mine I'm so excited!

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura MH did you cave in and open your gift yet or are you still waiting??

message 40: by Laura (new)

Laura So excited for my persons to get their books!

message 41: by maria helena (new)

maria helena (mariahel) | 10 comments Laura wrote: "MH did you cave in and open your gift yet or are you still waiting??"

I'm still waiting!

message 42: by Jade (new)

Jade (jdthebooklion) | 6 comments I just got my book and I'm impatient, so I just had to open it! I got Carry On by Rainbow Rowell! I just want to thank my partner so much, especially for getting me the most beautiful cover of it too!!!!

message 43: by Jill1201 (new)

Jill1201 Mine came today beautifully wrapped by Amazon. Thank you so much to my Secret Santa, I took a tiny peek, it is The Muse by Jessie Burton, will save it until Christmas now.

message 44: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 34 comments I opened my present early and it was amazing!! I got Lily and the Octopus which I was praying I would get!!! Thank you so much Secret Santa xx

message 45: by Mel (new)

It really bothers me when some people who join never contact the person who bought them their gift. Like you don't need to become best friends but you should at least thank them.

message 46: by Mel (new)

Also, I'm super excited many of these gifts are arriving and that you're all loving them!!

message 47: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 56 comments I haven't seen my receiver post anything about getting theirs :-/

And I would love to know who sent me Truthwitch! <3

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* (karly-thevampireninja) I got notification that I have a delivery but I can't get to the post office until tomorrow.... I'm thinking it's my SS prezzie but I'll let you know ;)

message 49: by Mel (new)

Yeah Ashley I tried to ask her to send you a reply but she won't reply so.

message 50: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 56 comments It's okay Mel. All we can do is try.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.