Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

2017 Archives > 2017 Ash Krafton Fantasy Author Showcase

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jin (new)

Jin (jinokubo)

Ash Krafton Ash Krafton

Sophie Galen is an advice columnist who is saving the world - one damned person at a time. Shy and sensitive Sophie has all but given up on love until she meets Marek, a mysterious stranger who seduces her with his striking good looks and his take-charge attitude. Yet the darkness she senses within him may be more than she is prepared to handle when Marek draws her into a world of vampires, werewolves, and treachery. Forced to leave behind the comfortable routines and certainties of her past, Sophie makes unbearable sacrifices and uncovers hidden truths about herself and the world around her.

Bleeding Hearts: Book One of the Demimonde

message 2: by Ash (last edited Feb 17, 2017 06:44PM) (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments Welcome to my worlds!

I'm Ash Krafton and I write in the many spectacular shades of fantasy. I see you met my first book, Bleeding Hearts: Book One of the Demimonde. This is the first in The Books of the Demimonde...

Enter the world of the Demimonde.

Look outside your window. Same old town, same streets, same people, same stories you've lived all your life. Or... are they?

Sophie Galen is an advice columnist from the suburbs of Philly. Like many sensitive women, she's done her best to create a shelter for herself in order to live in a safe, predictable world, protecting her vulnerable self: her mind, her heart, her soul.

Then he came into her life and blew the walls in.

When Marek Thurzo arrived, he brought with him all the secrets she never wanted to know: the world outside was not what she thought. There were people and creatures and powers she'd never dared to believe exist and at the very center of this humongous supernatural web was one single person.

Her. The Sophia. The one hope for redemption for the Demivampire race.

Some days, she still can't wrap her head around the whole thing. Other days...

...she's ready to do whatever it takes to protect her demivamps, no matter the obstacle, no matter the enemy, no matter the personal cost.

While meeting her deadlines, natch. Who says a girl can't multitask while saving the world?

message 3: by Ash (last edited Feb 17, 2017 06:41PM) (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments

The Books of the Demimonde continue...

Sophie doesn't believe in happily ever after. These days, she'd settle for alive after sunrise.

Advice columnist and newly-appointed oracle to the demivampire, Sophie Galen has more issues than a Cosmo collection: a new mentor with a mean streak, a werewolf stalker she can't shake, and a relationship with her ex's family that redefines the term complicated. And then there's her ex himself, who is more interested in playing leader of the vampire pack than in his own salvation.

Becoming a better oracle is tough enough, but when Sophie encounters a deadly enemy - one she never dreamed of facing - it will take everything she's ever learned in order to survive.

message 4: by Ash (last edited Feb 17, 2017 06:35PM) (new)

The Demimonde trilogy reaches its thrilling conclusion...

Sometimes, when life gives you lemons, all you can do is try to avoid paper cuts.

Since becoming oracle to the demivampire two years ago, advice columnist Sophie has battled werewolves and survived a vampire attack (or two). However, not only was she powerless to save her lover Marek when he slipped to the brink of evolution, she also witnessed his transformation into a falcon, the symbol of Horus United.

Sophie’s quest to save Marek is further complicated when rock star Dierk Adeluf – who also happens to be the king of the Werekind – invites her backstage after a concert. Just when it seems she will find respite from heartache, Sophie is bitten by a werewolf and Dierk decides she is destined to be his queen.

Sophie is caught between the demivamps she loves and the Were who commands her to love him. Throw in his jealous wanna-be girlfriend—a true bitch if ever there was one—and an ambush by witches, and there you have the big mess that Sophie calls her life. And, hello? Her soul mate is still a bird.

She’s supposed to be the girl with all the answers, but Sophie needs more than a little advice--she needs divine intervention.

message 5: by Ash (last edited Feb 17, 2017 06:45PM) (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments My heart will always live in these books (you know how hard it is to forget your first <3 ) but what I'm super-stoked about lately is something so much bigger than just little old me...

It's TWENTY TIMES bigger!

That's the reason why I'm SPELLBOUND...

message 6: by Ash (last edited Feb 17, 2017 06:35PM) (new)

Release date May 2, 2017

The Spellbound Boxed Set is a compilation of 20+ Full-Length Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance reads for all ages!

Readers will be swept away by this fascinating mix of existing titles and brand new content, full of pages brimming with faeries, witches, vampires, shifters, psychics, Greek gods, angels, demons, and even ghosts!

With over a million words of fiction, this is your one stop shop for urban fantasy, epic fantasy, sword and sorcery, shifter romance, vampire romance, elemental magic, time travel, and MORE from today’s New York Times, USA Today, and internationally bestselling authors!

Get ready, because this collection will put a spell on you!

Available for preorder on these sites...
Amazon | Kobo | Barnes & Noble | iTunes

The collection includes titles from…

International bestselling author Jade Kerrion
NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Joanne Wadsworth
International bestselling author Nicole Zoltack
International bestselling author Rachel E. Carter
International bestselling author Andrea Pearson
International bestselling author Alicia Rades
International bestselling author Sophie Davis
USA TODAY bestselling author Michael J Ploof
International bestselling author Megan Crewe
International bestselling author C.E. Wilson
International bestselling author Kelly Carrero
International bestselling author Jess Haines
International bestselling author E. Blix
International bestselling author Alexis Kade
International bestselling author GP Ching
International bestselling author Gaja J. Kos & Boris Kos
International bestselling author Dara Fraser
International bestselling author Ash Krafton
International bestselling author Jim Johnson
NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Tom Shutt
International bestselling author Emily Martha Sorensen
International bestselling author S McPherson

message 7: by Ash (last edited Feb 17, 2017 06:28PM) (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments Just look at that list...you know this is going to be a great collection :)

Best of all, it's for EVERYONE...it's got YA, NA, and adults titles...and the romance is clean. No fake book jackets on your e-reader, lol!

message 8: by Ash (last edited Feb 17, 2017 06:27PM) (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments The SPELLBOUND authors also have a surprise for readers who pre-order the set while it's only $0.99...

TEN MORE FREE BOOKS!

No kidding. It's like magic working overtime :)

The details are all here in this blog post.

message 9: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments I also write under the pen name AJ Krafton. The Heartbeat Thief is my first title under this name and is appropriate for ages 16+.

Haunted by a crushing fear of death, a young Victorian woman discovers the secret of eternal youth—she must surrender her life to attain it, and steal heartbeats to keep it.

Poe meets Austen in this haunting tale of death and endless devotion…

Being the most beautiful debutante in 1860’s Surrey isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Senza Fyne knows all too well the expectations set upon a young Victorian woman—and she also knows that, in one fell swoop, death can just whisk it all away. When she meets the mysterious and mystical Mr. Knell, she is offered the chance to escape the chains of Life and Death and to enjoy the bliss of youth and beauty for all eternity.

But that takes magic…and a steep price. She’d have to surrender her life to gain an eternity and she’d have to steal the heartbeats of others in order to keep it.

She has everything to gain if she succumbs to his spell…but knows not what she might lose.

It’s a little bit Jane Austen, a little bit Edgar Allan Poe, and a whole lot of stealing heartbeats in order to stay young and beautiful forever. From the posh London season to the back alleys of Whitechapel, across the Channel, across the Pond, across the seas of Time…

How far will Senza Fyne go to avoid Death?

Reviews:
"It’s a supernatural story, but it doesn’t rely on the conventions and themes that have gone before it. To be honest, when I picked it up I was expecting witches and/or vampires, but I found something else entirely. I loved the story and the concept."

"True to its word, "The Heartbeat Thief" is part Jane Austen, part Edgar Allen Poe. The author revives the best of the style of writing found in the classics: the introspect of characters, lovely allusions comparing characters to nature and life, beautiful alliteration and prose. Mixed with this is a deep foreboding of death, a macabre sensation that follows Senza throughout the story."

"Beautiful imagery and language shape this intriguing story that spoke to me about the meaning of maturity and purpose in life. Lovely!"

message 10: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments And...(I know, I know...do I ever stop writing?)

I'm currently getting ready to release another title in my newest urban fantasy series, THE DEMON WHISPERER.

Charm City is the first episode...

The darkness is rising and one man stands against it: the exorcist mage Simon Alliant. But in Baltimore, he finally meets his match...a part-mortal divinity with the power to whisper away demons.

Simon Alliant is an exorcist who battles demons, whether he wants to or not. Sometimes it's not so bad...he gets to play with magic, after all. But for Simon, magic represents a demon of another kind. He's addicted to magic and it takes more than a handful of charms to keep that particular demon at bay.

Chiara is part Light, part Dark, and stubbornly mortal. The woman has a way with words: she literally talks demons into abandoning their human hosts. Simon thinks that's not the only trick she has up her sleeve-and that's pretty high praise coming from a mage like him.

As intriguing as that may be, Simon has too many reasons to distrust her...one of them being his more-or-less partner, an angelic Watcher. Amidst all the celestial warnings of the rising dark comes a new prophesy that makes him wonder: is Chiara a threat to him and all of mankind?

Or will she be his salvation?

message 11: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Nestler MSW (amnestler) | 110 comments Good to see you here too, Ash!

message 12: by Ash (last edited Apr 06, 2017 05:44AM) (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments The SPELLBOUND boxed set authors are holding a HUGE giveaway to help get this book launched. No purchase necessary to enter. Shares are definitely appreciated!

Click HERE to enter!

And, once you enter, the more you share, the more entries you'll earn. Throw every hat you have into this ring!

message 13: by Stephen (last edited Mar 12, 2017 03:11PM) (new)

Stephen Pearl (stephenp11) | 10 comments I am sorry about the miss-post this B to B thing has got me confused. I removed my post as soon as I was informed of my error. Good luck with your promotion.
Stephen.

message 14: by Ash (last edited Apr 06, 2017 07:53AM) (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments MURDER THE LIGHT is the second book in The Demon Whisperer series...

Coming May 16, 2017
Pre-order now for only 99c

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned—especially the woman scorned by the King of Hell himself.

Chiara’s been abducted by her own mother: an Enochian defector who has taken up arms against the Light. Luminea will use Chiara to ensure the future of her empire—and to burn away her painful past with the man who had stolen everything from her, so long ago.

Unknowingly, that’s exactly the guy to whom Simon Alliant turns for help. The exorcist mage makes the ultimate deal with Chiara’s father to get her back...but he’ll have the Devil to pay.

Reserve your copy today!

message 15: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments JUST STARTED...a month-long tour with Bewitching Book Tours to spread the word about SPELLBOUND. There's a giveaway exclusive to the tour so to enter, stop by any of Spellbound's visits right up until May. Daily chances to win!

See the tour stops here so you know where and when to pop in...

Good luck!

message 16: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments And, yes, another giveaway...this one is for gift cards and books. We definitely need everyone's help to get SPELLBOUND out there, so every entry on the Rafflecopter is a way to share this book with your friends!

Enter here...and thank you *hearts*

message 17: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments I've seen a few of your books before but have never got the chance to read them. Now this reminds me of how much I should read them.

message 18: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Clemons | 64 comments ive read some of your books and really love them

message 19: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments Maddy wrote: "I've seen a few of your books before but have never got the chance to read them. Now this reminds me of how much I should read them."

I hope you get that chance soon. Happy reading!

message 20: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments Belinda wrote: "ive read some of your books and really love them"

This totally made my day! Thanks, Belinda!

message 21: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments Good morning, Con-ners:)

I'm going to share a deep dark secret with you guys today.

I recently bought my first iPhone.

I know, right? I can hear the gasps of disbelief all the way over here.

Truth is, I'm a Windows phone kind of gal. A real tech nerd. When we get tech support people in at my day job, I just casually pull out my Nokia and the boys just swoon at my feet.

And, yet...and yet.

So. I want to take everyone down with me in my spiral of mobile conformity. If you are a proud iPhone owner and have a US iBooks account, you can sign up to receive a *free* copy of the SPELLBOUND boxed set. Fill out this form to reserve your copy today.

And, while you're at it, tell me your favorite iPhone app. I *know* this thing has to be good for something more than books and Pokemon!

message 22: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 162 comments Just filled it out! I cannot wait! It looks so good.

message 23: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments Maddy wrote: "Just filled it out! I cannot wait! It looks so good."Thanks, Maddy. I think you're going to love it!

message 24: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments My fellow SPELLBOUND authors have confided that it's not fair to offer copies only to iBooks readers.

So, viola! Here's a sign-up form for Nook users, too!

message 25: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod
Stopping in to say hi, Ash.

message 26: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments A.F. wrote: "Stopping in to say hi, Ash."
Hi, Anita!

I wanted to commend you on your hard work managing the Con. You really did an admirable job!

message 27: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod
Ash wrote: "A.F. wrote: "Stopping in to say hi, Ash."
Hi, Anita!

I wanted to commend you on your hard work managing the Con. You really did an admirable job!"

I was only in charge of a few things, but thanks.

message 28: by Ash (new)

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 58 comments A.F. wrote: "Ash wrote: "A.F. wrote: "Stopping in to say hi, Ash."
Hi, Anita!

I wanted to commend you on your hard work managing the Con. You really did an admirable job!"

I was only in charge of a few things..."
You seemed to be everywhere at once.