2017 Archives > 2017 J.K. Norry Fantasy Author Showcase

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod

J.K. Norry

J.K. Norry

Walking Between Worlds: The Complete Trilogy

Omnibus edition of the Walking Between Worlds trilogy. This eBook box set includes:

Demons & Angels (Book I)
Rise of the Walker King (Book II)
Fall of the Walker King (Book III)

Meet the unsung heroes of the supernatural...

They live normal lives on the surface, going to work, the bank and the grocery store like everyone else. All day they watch their countdown. When the moment comes, they draw their swords, don their armored overcoats, and walk between worlds. They stop demons from overwhelming people, without being seen and without asking a word of thanks. For thousands of years they have labored to save mankind from itself, quietly, one soul at a time.

When Paul is thrust into this hidden world between worlds, he must learn to keep his secrets as quickly as he must master his mysterious weapon. His new powers are amazing, and his faithful guide is there to teach him the ancient ways of the demon hunter; yet questions nag at Paul's mind while it overflows with new information. If Heaven is not truly perfect, and Hell is his only hope, he fears that walking between them will also mean walking away from the woman of his dreams; and if he loses her, he loses everything...

message 2: by J.K. (last edited Mar 31, 2017 01:30PM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) Demons & Angels
(Walking Between Worlds, Book I)

description

Meet the unsung heroes of the supernatural…

They live normal lives on the surface, going to work, the bank and the grocery store like everyone else. All day they watch their countdown. When the moment comes, they draw their swords, don their armored overcoats, and walk between worlds. They stop demons from overwhelming people, without being seen and without asking a word of thanks. For thousands of years they have labored to save mankind from itself, quietly, one soul at a time.

When Paul is thrust into this hidden world between worlds, he must learn to keep his secrets as quickly as he must master his mysterious weapon. His new powers are amazing, and his faithful guide is there to teach him the ancient ways of the demon hunter; yet questions nag at Paul’s mind while it overflows with new information. If Heaven is not truly perfect, and Hell is his only hope, he fears that walking between them will also mean walking away from the woman of his dreams; and if he loses her, he loses everything…

What they're saying about Demons & Angels...
"...a promising start for a sure-to-be epic tale of combative worlds." -- Kirkus Reviews

"...Unique in its design and overall storyline, Norry's book is a refreshing read that I highly recommend for those who are looking for an attention-grabbing twist about the paranormal and all things religiously spiritual." -- Underground Book Reviews

"The settings remind me of Supernatural with the whole heaven and hell angle, while the main character, Paul, reminds me a bit of Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern with how both of their lives are changed and they gain new weapons. I have to say that I truly enjoyed reading Demons & Angels by J.K. Norry once I was able to rationalize it as just fiction and separate religion from it. The dialogues were all well written and the scenes blended together nicely in a way that did not leave any plot holes." -- Readers' Favorite

You can read the first four chapters of Demons & Angels at my website - click here to read a sample of Demons & Angels

The eBook version of Demons & Angels is FREE at the following retailers:
iBooks
Kobo
Nook
GooglePlay

You can snag a copy at Amazon for 99 cents
(please feel free to ask them to price match the book)

message 3: by J.K. (last edited Mar 31, 2017 01:30PM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) Rise of the Walker King
(Walking Between Worlds, Book II)

description

The Walking Between Worlds story continues…

The way of the demon hunter is finally beginning to make sense to Paul, as is the art of walking between worlds. He is forced to shoulder the heavy burden of leading this mighty army of immortals if they are to continue their vital secret work. Just when he needs her most, his love has been torn from his grasp. Rather than turn to his trusted Guide and best friend in his time of need, Paul turns away from him. Kris is left to wonder if the fire burning inside the new king will drive him to victory or madness.

War takes the army to Hell, and pits their forces against a sea of displaced demons. Lines are crossed, lives are lost, and the battles take heavy tolls on both sides. As light looms at the end of the treacherous tunnel leading to victory, the army emerges to a shaking realization: the light is dragon fire, and the war has only just begun.

You can read the first four chapters of Rise of the Walker King at my website - click here to read a sample of Rise of the Walker King

Rise of the Walker King is available at the following retailers:
Amazon
iBooks
Kobo
Nook
GooglePlay

message 4: by J.K. (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) Fall of the Walker King
(Walking Between Worlds, Book III)

description

An explosive end to the Walking Between Worlds trilogy.

Heaven is in turmoil over the war being waged below. Hell is a ravaged wasteland, its beauty lost to all but ancient memory. Earth is trapped between, unaware of the army of supernaturals battling for their souls. A champion emerges to lead them, and to search for their lost king. His new student sees the timeless art of dealing with demons in an astonishingly unique way; it makes William question everything he is supposed to be teaching the warrior apprentice, while battling day and night to save the way of the Walker.

Ruling from their lofty perches, the angels have long since lost their way. They want control of everything, and will stop at nothing to get it. Barely an army, the remaining demon hunters dodge plots from above and fire from below in their hopes to secretly save the worlds they walk between once more. The dragons that reign in Hell have grown more brutal over long centuries; when one queen fell, a more fearsome dragon took her place. It will take more than one miracle to stop her from setting all the worlds aflame forever.

"...This trilogy needs to grow on you from first to last, but once that growing has begun, you'll not want to put the books down. Believe me when I say to you that 'Go to hell' has a new meaning." -- Michael R. Stern, author of the Quantum Touch series

Fall of the Walker King is available at the following retailers:
Amazon
iBooks
Kobo
Nook
GooglePlay

message 5: by J.K. (last edited Mar 31, 2017 02:03PM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) The Walker's Way
(A Walking Between Worlds companion tale)

description

The Walker's Way is the story of First Walker Marcus, and the events that led him to turn Paul Stone into the Stone Walker. This companion tale is designed to be read either before or after Demons & Angels.

The Walker's Way is a short story that was originally written for Paws for a Tale: A Sudden Insight Publishing Anthology. It's also available as a free download for members of my not-so-secret club, The Secret Society of Deeper Meaning.
SSDM members get free access to this story, as well as:
- Eighteen Zombie Zero short stories
- Weekly chapter releases of my upcoming book, Dreaming the Perpetual Dream
- the weekly newsletter
- and much more!
Not a member yet? Click here to join us - it's FREE!

message 6: by J.K. (last edited Apr 05, 2017 07:07AM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) Did you know that I'm a multi-genre author? I've also written a few zombie books, which are packed full of deeper meaning.

Enter the world of Zombie Zero

description

Zombie Zero: The First Zombie
The winds of change reek of rotting flesh…

When Mother Nature calls, everyone must stop to listen. Humanity has finally gone too far, and incurred the wrath of the planet itself. Ramblers roam the earth, hungry and mindless, looking to eat or be eaten. Howlers hunt the humans, their superior strength becoming overwhelming odds as the zombie apocalypse spreads to every nation.

Will Mother Nature have mercy in the end? Or will everyone fall at the hands of The First Zombie?

You can read the prologue now at my website - click here to read the prologue to Zombie Zero: The First Zombie

Zombie Zero: The Last Zombie
The smell of hope is burning flesh…

The howlers are eating each other. What is left of humanity has a chance to breathe at last. Each group that forms has to consider how they will begin anew. They must come together on how to take care of the remaining monsters, grow food, teach kids, and deal with their dead…or fall apart in the pitted wasteland left to them by the zombie apocalypse.

Can humanity get it right this time? Or will the last human become The Last Zombie?

B2B CY-CON SALE! 99 CENTS EACH APRIL 4th-10th!
description

message 7: by J.K. (last edited Mar 31, 2017 01:29PM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) My latest book is a supernatural thriller about a body swapper.

Ringing in a New Year

description

He isn't just taking over your body. He's taking your life.

Ring is about the sweetest guy that has ever worked outside the system, aside from the murders and the drinking. He can't remember who he used to be, but he knows what he has to do. He is a ringer, after all.

Although the friendship that he shares with Henry is like nothing he has ever known, Ring must take his life before the old year becomes the new year. The more Henry comes to accept his fate, the more Ring rails against his own.

When he takes Henry's body, all of Ring's memories will be lost forever. He can't remember an assignment ever being so hard to complete.

Then again, he can't remember much of anything.

You can read the first five chapters of Ringing in a New Year at my website - click here to read a sample of Ringing in a New Year

Ringing in a New Year is available now at Amazon.

Ring's adventures will continue in Ringing in a Summer, coming Summer 2017.

message 8: by J.K. (last edited Mar 31, 2017 02:07PM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) Getting to know me...getting to know all about me...

Want to know more about my books? Maybe you'd like to watch some videos, or hear me go on and on about how much I love scotch?

description

I do love some good scotch.

You'll find loads of free content, fun interviews, and the Writer's Edge panels I've done this year, all at my website - JayNorry.com

Did you know I write a weekly blog? Last year was all about Why I Love to Write. This year we're talking about Thoughts That Hurt to Think. A new post goes up every Tuesday morning at 6am.
description

I'm not the biggest social media user, but I do have a fondness for Twitter. See what I'm tweeting about now - @JayNorry

Whenever I'm at a book event, or on vacation, I make sure to post pictures on Instagram (on our last trip, I took pictures of all the naked statues) - Jay on Instagram

If you're near Lodi, California this Sunday and need to take a break from the CyCon (just a short one, right?), come find me at Grape City Con! I'll be signing books and selling some limited edition Zombie Zero art prints. Sign up for the SSDM while you're there, and we'll make sure you get the Super Secret SSDM Swag Pack! Click here for more info on Grape City Con
description

message 9: by J.K. (last edited Apr 05, 2017 07:09AM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) I'll be in and out throughout the weekend, ready to answer your questions and have some fun! But if you happen to stop by the booth and I'm not here, well, just give these two some loves until I get back.

Go ahead, pet them. They're friendly, and they LOVE my readers!
description
The little black one is Ximena, who was named after a character in my Walking Between Worlds books. The big guy is Mammoth, who appears in the Zombie Zero books as himself (he's the furry friend that Michelle finds in Michelle's Luck). This is their second year at the CyCon; they missed out last year, due to our double-duty appearance at the LA Times Festival of Books and USC's strict no dogs policy.

Ximena is 4 1/2, we think. She's a rescue, and has come a very long way since we adopted her in November of 2014. She will happily chase every single ball you throw, but will never bring them back. She likes kisses, snuggling, and scrambled eggs. She's a sweetheart outside our home, but tends to be very protective and territorial inside it.

Mammoth turned 11 in February, but he still has the heart of a puppy. He's battling bone cancer in his right front shoulder, but if it wasn't for the limp, you'd never know it. He likes taking naps, finding out what his sister is barking at, taking naps, eating everything, and, oh yeah, taking naps. He has been Dawn's dog since the moment he was born, and doesn't understand why anyone would be mean to a dog.

These two have brought so much joy to our lives that we decided to help other dogs find their happy forever home. My publishing company, Sudden Insight Publishing, put out an anthology last year to benefit the SPCA. It's titled Paws for a Tale: A Sudden Insight Publishing Anthology, and inside the pages you'll find eight short stories from eight amazing indie authors, including my story The Walker's Way. Please consider buying a copy; all profits go to the international branch, SPCAI, and every penny helps save abused/neglected animals!

description

message 10: by J.K. (last edited Apr 08, 2017 03:49PM) (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) COVER REVEAL TIME!

I'm releasing the prequel to The Ringer series this weekend, and thought the CyCon would be a great place to share the cover.

May I present to you...Ringing in a Voyage!

description

This journey begins with a voyage…

Every time Ring takes on a new body he loses all the memories he had in the last one. This time he finds himself on a strange flight in a body he can’t remember taking. The sound of the ringing is loud and insistent. Ring knows what he must do. He just doesn’t know yet who he’ll be doing it to or what he will look like next.
In what little time he has Ring must find his doppleganger and take over his life. With his memories gone he does not even know why he is here or where here is. He only knows what he is here to do.

Actually, he’s not really clear on that either.

Ringing in a Voyage is the first installment in The Ringer Series. It is a short story that stands alone while also serving as a prequel to Ringing in a New Year. This is where it all begins. By the time the series ends we’ll know all the things Ring has forgotten up to now. Take a look inside the many minds of a body snatcher.

NOW AVAILABLE AT AMAZON! Click here to buy Ringing in a Voyage

message 11: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 23 comments Found you! I brought some doggie biscuits and scrambled eggs for the booth guardians!

message 12: by J.K. (new)

J.K. Norry (jay_norry) Christina wrote: "Found you! I brought some doggie biscuits and scrambled eggs for the booth guardians!"

You're probably covered in dog slobber now. Sorry about that. :D