Oakleaf Bearers discussion

The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice #12 Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #1)
This topic is about The Royal Ranger
The Books > The Royal Ranger

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riana Rain | 29 comments Anything and everything about this book.

Abigail Stutzman | 4 comments Ok this book was an emotional roller coaster. Partly cuz i am realy sad this series ended. I was really sad when i found out allyss died cuz in the end of book11 i was so happy they finally getting married and i hurried to the library to get the last book and not even 5min after i started reading i started crying , my mom stared looking at me weird. But i really enjoyed this boomk great way to end the series wish it woulkd never end

Balthazar Calixto | 3 comments I loved the whole 'new ideas' theme, but I really wish Alyss hadn't died. I started crying too, and I keep hoping John will write another book and she will have somehow escaped from the fire and been taken care of at that whatchamacallit place they took Duncan's wife in the early years or something like that.

Riana Rain | 29 comments Balthazar wrote: "I loved the whole 'new ideas' theme, but I really wish Alyss hadn't died. I started crying too, and I keep hoping John will write another book and she will have somehow escaped from the fire and be..."

I am hoping the same thing, because I love Alyss. But I know Flanagan won't bring her back. Authors are cruel in that way.

message 5: by Isaiah (new) - added it

Isaiah Herbst | 14 comments It really sucks that alyss died I mean they JUST got maried

Riana Rain | 29 comments Honestly, that broke my heart. I think I almost quit reading it at that point.

message 7: by Isaiah (new) - added it

Isaiah Herbst | 14 comments yeah it It's kind of like uh what were you thinking john flanagan?

message 8: by Jacob (new)

Jacob (thesilence) | 2 comments I did read an article from Flanagan where he stated she was definitely dead, and not on any secret mission or anything like that. I was very disappointed in her death, and felt that overall it was unnecessary and wasn't really needed. However, from an authors perspective I can see how it would be an interesting twist to play for a final book.

message 9: by Isaiah (new) - added it

Isaiah Herbst | 14 comments yeah it does totally suck...

Riana Rain | 29 comments As a reader, I had a hard time understanding why she had to die, and I really didn't want to read the rest of the book because it felt rather unnecessary.

But from the view-point of an author, I can see how playing with the heart-strings of the readers is an interesting idea, and what the appeal of it is.

message 11: by Isaiah (new) - added it

Isaiah Herbst | 14 comments yeah it just kind of did catch on with em even though it did kind of suck