Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Moderators

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Roughseasinthemed | 263 comments Either we post once a month or not. Please keep an eye on frequent posters.

ie those who post more than once a month.

message 2: by Lin (new)

Lin | 213 comments Mod
I have sent warning messages to those I spot posting more frequently, and I'm starting to delete messages that break the rules.
Frequent offenders will be banned completely.

Roughseasinthemed | 263 comments Thanks for your response Lin.
I think most people stay within the rules, so it's a bit frustrating to see the odd few flouting them.

message 4: by Kevis (last edited Nov 07, 2016 05:48AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 130 comments Roughseasinthemed wrote: "Thanks for your response Lin.
I think most people stay within the rules, so it's a bit frustrating to see the odd few flouting them."

Agreed, I'm making a mental note of the paid beta readers from this group that I'd like to work with and it's annoying that the same people keep breaking the rules over and over again. It's almost like they're begging to get themselves banned. Oh well, at least I know who not to put on my list of readers to hire.

Roughseasinthemed | 263 comments Kevis wrote:
Agreed, I'm making a mental note of..."

I can't remember if I last posted in Oct or Sept. I certainly haven't this month. I don't think it's just about slapping up a free ad once a month. I try and comment when people are asking for help/views. Not on everything, but certainly some, and I've given more detailed feedback (free) via email on first chapters, query letters etc. It doesn't hurt to contribute.

message 6: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 130 comments Roughseasinthemed wrote: "Kevis wrote:
Agreed, I'm making a mental note of..."

I can't remember if I last posted in Oct or Sept. I certainly haven't this month. I don't think it's just about slapping up a free ad once a m..."

And guess what? Some of us are keeping track of the paid beta readers who take a genuine interest in contributing to the welfare of this group and the ones who are only looking for a quick payday to the detriment of the membership. It's not that hard for me to see who I'll want to pay to work with when I'm ready and who I won't.

message 7: by Starr (new)

Starr Waddell (quiethouseediting) | 38 comments eek. I bumped an earlier post and just commented on it. Should I remove the comment so it's not bumped again?

message 8: by Lin (last edited Nov 15, 2016 09:11AM) (new)

Lin | 213 comments Mod
Bumping isn't the issue - consider it lucky :)

Just please don't start new threads within a month.

Edited to add: please don't bump your own posts to get around the one month rule. Others commenting on it is okay, of course.